XIM Community

Best ST to use for Call of Duty Cold War until itís own ST gets released?  (Read 6001 times)

Offline LyndonLauder

• View Profile
I really hope the official st still comes out in the next 24 hours nothing feels right for me, can any staff members confirm please?

Offline OhBlivEeUn

• View Profile
I really hope the official st still comes out in the next 24 hours nothing feels right for me, can any staff members confirm please?

In past years they take about a week to complete. It's close, but I will say that it'a been 9 days since launch. I am patient enough I guess, I appreciate XIM team enough to not complain that much.
Be careful when taking advice, not everyone is qualified to give it. Make your own conclusions. XIM user since 2011

Offline Sm0keyApex

• View Profile
Not sure if it matters much but aim assist curve options have been added to the game in the recent update

Thanks for posting this, had no idea they added it but I changed to linear and it changed the game.

Offline Soulfly

• View Profile
Hey guys, I just setup the xim apex and wanted to map the field upgrade button to x on my keyboard. I know on the xim 4 there was an option for additional button mapping. I donít see any extra mapping in the BO4 ST, am I missing something?

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
Hey guys, I just setup the xim apex and wanted to map the field upgrade button to x on my keyboard. I know on the xim 4 there was an option for additional button mapping. I donít see any extra mapping in the BO4 ST, am I missing something?

It is at the bottom of the keybinding page, it will say "primary" with an arrow, click that to go to secondary keybindings. There you can put both lb+rb as x or whatever you'd like! If you still can't find it let me know and I'll try and explain better

Offline Soulfly

• View Profile

It is at the bottom of the keybinding page, it will say "primary" with an arrow, click that to go to secondary keybindings. There you can put both lb+rb as x or whatever you'd like! If you still can't find it let me know and I'll try and explain better

Thank you I will take a look when I log back on! I figured I missed it of course. Appreciate that.

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile

Thank you I will take a look when I log back on! I figured I missed it of course. Appreciate that.

No problem bud

Offline MjŲlnir

• View Profile
Mist we are dying here save us bro

Yeah, I've tried a few different configs and everything just feels off to me, my aim just isn't consistent like it is on BO4 for example. Feels like it's got a ballistic curve where the low end is boosted.

I feel the same. I'm using this time to set up custom modes and what have you

I tried several things and while it's not unplayable it's not perfect for sure.

Everytime (if I remember correct because I'm not buying each CoD) the ST has been released within a week yes, but this year, devs have dropped a new option called "Aim Response Curve Type" which impact the aiming system just 2 days ago, a week after the launch, so my guess is that the ST was almost ready but by counscientiousness mist probably gave a look at this new feature to see if something can be different or even better.

Don't forget that we are all humans, XIM Team is not that big and they still provide the best mouse/keyboard adapter so I like to see, for once, mature people and not crying child, it's refreshing.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Everytime (if I remember correct because I'm not buying each CoD) the ST has been released within a week yes, but this year, devs have dropped a new option called "Aim Response Curve Type" which impact the aiming system just 2 days ago, a week after the launch, so my guess is that the ST was almost ready but by counscientiousness mist probably gave a look at this new feature to see if something can be different or even better.

Don't forget that we are all humans, XIM Team is not that big and they still provide the best mouse/keyboard adapter so I like to see, for once, mature people and not crying child, it's refreshing.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Thanks for posting this, had no idea they added it but I changed to linear and it changed the game.

Linear made it feel even worse for me. Which makes sense, it already felt like my micromovements were too fast and turning not as fast, the linear curve only exacerbates that.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile

Linear made it feel even worse for me. Which makes sense, it already felt like my micromovements were too fast and turning not as fast, the linear curve only exacerbates that.

Just reading the explanation for linear made it sound like it'd be ideal in MW and CW when using a xim but standard felt well... standard.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile

Just reading the explanation for linear made it sound like it'd be ideal in MW and CW when using a xim but standard felt well... standard.

The ST on the XIM works off the standard curve on MW to create a curve within the XIM app that feels linear to a mouse user anyway. So straying away from that with a different in-game curve is then straying away from linearity on the XIM. Obviously we don't have a CW ST yet, but speaking generally, all XIM users should be using standard as that's what the ST is developed from.

Offline Sm0keyApex

• View Profile
This is kind of against topic but Iím wondering since this is getting some traction if I could ask a question.
On console the inspect is hold left d pad and swipe the mouse left, not a big dea(slightly annoying, I have to hard swipe left)l but is there a way I can streamline like that and turn it into just a button hold? Secondary mapping doesnít allow for mouse swipes that I can tell.

Offline MjŲlnir

• View Profile

Haha this is perfect, thanks for this!

This is kind of against topic but Iím wondering since this is getting some traction if I could ask a question.
On console the inspect is hold left d pad and swipe the mouse left, not a big dea(slightly annoying, I have to hard swipe left)l but is there a way I can streamline like that and turn it into just a button hold? Secondary mapping doesnít allow for mouse swipes that I can tell.

Hello Sm0key, if I understood correctly what you are asking for (an all-in-one button in order to get the weapon inspect?) the best way I know to get what you want is to create an auxiliary config dedicated to this.

>>> XIM APEX [Weapon inspect] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Here is a config with all buttons cleared except what you need in order to make it work, I binded the action to my "back mouse button" but you can bind to whatever you want but you will have to replace "back mouse button" everywhere I put it. Just hold the button and release it and here you go. If you need anything else or want some explanation feel free to ask and tell me if it's what you expected. Have a nice day pal.

Offline Sm0keyApex

• View Profile

Haha this is perfect, thanks for this!

Hello Sm0key, if I understood correctly what you are asking for (an all-in-one button in order to get the weapon inspect?) the best way I know to get what you want is to create an auxiliary config dedicated to this.

>>> XIM APEX [Weapon inspect] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Here is a config with all buttons cleared except what you need in order to make it work, I binded the action to my "back mouse button" but you can bind to whatever you want but you will have to replace "back mouse button" everywhere I put it. Just hold the button and release it and here you go. If you need anything else or want some explanation feel free to ask and tell me if it's what you expected. Have a nice day pal.
I will give it a go when I get back home.
Do you have to change any in game bindings? Iím not sure how you are able to apply the right stick to any bindings without messing up aiming mechanics. If you want to give a little more in depth details Iím definitely curious so Iím more prepared when I am setting up the config. If not then I will let you know tonight how it works.