XIM Community

Best ST to use for Call of Duty Cold War until itís own ST gets released?  (Read 8230 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
You arenít noticing any struggles with AA on that low dpi and common? I noticed it was relatively hard for me to break bubble
None at all. Cuts through AA very smoothly.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
I donít own an XBox (yet  ;) ) but can confirm that the Black Ops 4 ST works flawlessly on PS4.

What sync? Mouse DPI?
In-game settings just default and Max send?

Cheers!
Ceebs whatís ur sync and dpi.. thanks
[email protected] (with PMW3360 sensor)

BO4 [email protected]

Hip
Sensitivity: 55
Sync: Common
Smoothing: 0
Y/X: 1.25
Steady Aim: 0
Boost: 0

ADS
Sensitivity: 40
Activation Delay: See below
Y/X: 2.0

In-game settings
Horizontal and vertical stick sensitivity: 14
ADS stick sensitivity low zoom: -7
Field of View: 80
Motion Blur:Disabled
All other mechanical in-game settings at default

Also, as BO CW weapons have such a wide range of ADS animation speeds I have four seperate STs set up to cover them all (I'm on the Dark Matter grind already!  ;D ).
F1 activates the ST that has an Activation Delay of 250ms. I've named it BO CW Pistols/SMGs/Shotties. F2 is for ARs/Tac Rifles and is set at 350ms, F3 is Snipers at 400 and F4 is LMGs at 550 (yes, they really do ADS much more slowly than sniper rifles in this game!).

Do you men 0.70?

These settings feels really nice god job!
Exactly. Or I could just leave it at 1 and lower my ADS sensitivity a little. The result would be the same.

Youíre welcome.  :)
« Last Edit: 11:51 AM - 11/13/20 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
Bo4 config feels best for me. I'm having issues with aim assist being incredibly strong while in ADS and up close though. Running 4000 DPI, 500hz, 1.5-2 steady aim, 50-150 boost, and common sync. General aiming feels great but at close range in ADS it's tough to break in or out of the AA bubble. Any tips besides raising DPI/polling rate? I prefer to keep my mouse as consistent as possible and 4k/500hz does that
SA exacerbates the effect of the AA bubble. Thatís why I never use it in CoD. I suspect thatís the reason youíre having trouble with AA (which doesnít play nice with mice anyway).

Boost inflates the controllerís dead zone. I prefer not to use it as it screws with my muscle memory when trying to snap on target. I like that Treyarch have given us boost control settings in-game but I didnít feel the need to change them either.

Where's HL3?

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
Hmm I hadn't thought of that, I'll try playing with both of them off again and see how it goes. I tried it initially but I was on common sync at the time and that felt a bit sticky. Thanks!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hmm I hadn't thought of that, I'll try playing with both of them off again and see how it goes. I tried it initially but I was on common sync at the time and that felt a bit sticky. Thanks!
Youíre welcome. Remember, once you get a setup that feels decent to you, stick with it for a while. Tweaking kills muscle memory!

Where's HL3?

Offline Tuckerpwns

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tuckerpwns
You must be a super twitchy wrist player with those settings haha tried em and was all over the place

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
You must be a super twitchy wrist player with those settings haha tried em and was all over the place
Honestly, Iíve always considered myself an arm player (22cm 360), but CoD is a twitch shooter, after all. However, if they do feel twitchy, have you tweaked your dead zone via Boost or in-game? Thatíll increase the twitchness. If not feel free to drop your sensitivity or add a negative curve. What feels good to me may well feel crap to someone else.  :)

Where's HL3?

Offline misdah

• View Profile
I donít own an XBox (yet  ;) ) but can confirm that the Black Ops 4 ST works flawlessly on PS4.

What sync? Mouse DPI?
In-game settings just default and Max send?

Cheers!
Ceebs whatís ur sync and dpi.. thanks
[email protected] (with PMW3360 sensor)

BO4 [email protected]

Hip
Sensitivity: 55
Sync: Common
Y/X: 1.25

ADS
Sensitivity: 40
Activation Delay: See below
Y/X: 2.0

In-game settings
Horizontal and vertical stick sensitivity: 14
Field of View: 80
Motion Blur:Disabled
All other mechanical in-game settings at default

Also, as BO CW weapons have such a wide range of ADS animation speeds I have four seperate STs set up to cover them all (I'm on the Dark Matter grind already!  ;D ).
F1 activates the ST that has an Activation Delay of 250ms. I've named it BO CW Pistols/SMGs/Shotties. F2 is for ARs/Tac Rifles and is set at 350ms, F3 is Snipers at 400 and F4 is LMGs at 550 (yes, they really do ADS much more slowly than sniper rifles in this game!).

Do you use any curves at all ?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
Not at the moment, but I may add my sniper curve to my sniper config once we get the official ST.

Where's HL3?

Offline Peterle

• View Profile
Works very well!
Thank you ceebs.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
Works very well!
Thank you ceebs.
Youíre welcome.

Where's HL3?

Offline Tuckerpwns

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tuckerpwns
Agreed.. tweaked to my personal preference but works solid... add in year0 recoil mitigation and itís gross lol

Offline Tavenkilledyou

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tavenkilledyou
  • PSN ID: Tavenkilledu
Just thought I should leave this here

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pyro90294
Bo4 config feels best for me. I'm having issues with aim assist being incredibly strong while in ADS and up close though. Running 4000 DPI, 500hz, 1.5-2 steady aim, 50-150 boost, and common sync. General aiming feels great but at close range in ADS it's tough to break in or out of the AA bubble. Any tips besides raising DPI/polling rate? I prefer to keep my mouse as consistent as possible and 4k/500hz does that

There is currently a launch issue going on with the aim assist mechanic that even controller players are talking about. XclusiveAce made a YouTube video addressing it and basically what occurs is that your aim assist rotation and slowdown can randomly have this ďreverse polarityĒ effect where it either stops your aim completely or forces it in the other direction. May not be as apparent with XIM due to mouse movement being more refined but what youíre experiencing is a very real issue at current.

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pyro90294
Just thought I should leave this here

Lmao thatís crazy you posted the video RIGHT as I typed my comment about Aces video