XIM Community

PowerA spectra as auth controller  (Read 82 times)

Offline MrWolf

• View Profile
PowerA spectra as auth controller
« on: 11:46 AM - 11/12/20 »
With the reluctant fear of watching every post around mine being answered except mine, I'll ask another just as detailed question in hopes the liability of a straight forward answer/explanation won't terrify people again.

Since The Spectra by PowerA is and officially licensed controller for the Xbox one:

Officially licensed product

This product is officially licensed by Microsoft to work with Xbox One and Windows 10. Rest assured that this product has undergone rigerous testing and evaluation for quality and compatibility.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Spectra-Enhanced-Illuminated-Wired-Controller/dp/B07SBX48TY

If i plan to use a mouse and keyboard on the xbox one via the xim apex, this controller should work perfectly fine as the required auth controller that is required to be connected along side the mouse and keyboard in the hub, correct?

If for some reason this is not the case can I get some links to working controllers?

All I end up finding is cute lists of what you cannot use and not much of in the way of exactly what you can for this reason.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: PowerA spectra as auth controller
« Reply #1 on: 11:47 AM - 11/12/20 »
Sorry it sounds like your question wasn't answered before. XIM supports only authentic first party controllers (i.e. only PS and Xbox controllers from Sony and Microsoft respectively).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MrWolf

• View Profile
Re: PowerA spectra as auth controller
« Reply #2 on: 11:57 AM - 11/12/20 »
Cool, I was just curious if this would work because it says it was licensed by Microsoft and there's a certain other third party device (out of respect im not sure if im allowed to mention here) with similar capabilities that uses this controller as a compatible auth device.

would you be willing to provide a link to one that would certainly work?
Getting paid at midnight and want to order the apex and the controller without the fear of grabbing the wrong one.

Even a DM with a link would be nice if you have time.
I've just heard amazing things about the xim and want to rule out the margin of potential error on my end.

Admin