XIM Community

Ps5 works with XIM using DS2z  (Read 2957 times)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Ps5 works with XIM using DS2z
« Reply #15 on: 04:41 PM - 03/14/21 »
hello, did you have time to do the test with the XIM 4 please?

;)
It works with a Titan Two. Attach the DualShock 4, mouse & keyboard to XIM 4. Connect XIM 4 to Titan Two INPUT-A. Connect the authentication controller (e.g Nacon Compact) to Titan Two INPUT-B.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05:04 PM - 03/14/21 »
I guess I just wasted £50 on a v2 controller. You could have mentioned that when you said a v2 was needed!

Offline ramdi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:20 AM - 03/15/21 »
I guess I just wasted £50 on a v2 controller. You could have mentioned that when you said a v2 was needed!

Yes, I think so

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #18 on: 01:34 AM - 03/15/21 »
I answered what you asked, you only have yourself to blame.

You should have asked a different question like "Does PS4 controller audio work on XIM 4?" rather than "Do you get sound when headphones in PS4 controller?", which is the question I answered.

XIM 4 hasn't been made since APEX launched 3 or so years ago, so you've had your's for awhile. Surely in the 8 years or so since XIM 4 was made, you could have taken the time to find out this information for yourself.
« Last Edit: 01:49 AM - 03/15/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:25 AM - 03/15/21 »
We are in the Xim4 channel, asking about audio and controllers. I thought someone with your experience and posts would understand that. Answering questions in isolation without understanding context isnít helpful. Anyway, lesson learned. What for one of the great MODs to answer.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 05:29 AM - 03/15/21 »
Or ask a better question.

Offline Freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:05 AM - 03/16/21 »
Or ignore people that think Ď Controller audio only works on a DS4 V2í assumes you are using apex in a xim4 channel.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:07 AM - 03/16/21 »
Or ignore people that think Ď Controller audio only works on a DS4 V2í assumes you are using apex in a xim4 channel.

Next time just mention that you use a XIM4 in your post, 99% of the posts in this forum are Apex based and not everyone might check the sub forum a topic has been posted in when browsing the "most recent posts" tab.
It sucks that you have now spent money on a controller you dont need but fully blaming antithesis on that is not fair, you could have done a lot from your side too to avoid this from happening.

Either way if you are EU based you should have a 30 day return policy on your controller purchase to get your money back :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Freespirit

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:48 AM - 03/16/21 »
In the end itís down to me to evaluate the info given whether itís from from a new member or experienced one.

I got my refund 🤗

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:04 AM - 03/16/21 »
In the end itís down to me to evaluate the info given whether itís from from a new member or experienced one.

I got my refund 🤗

Awesome to hear man! :)

What you can use as a workaround is to connect a cheap USB Soundcard to the PS and plug your headset to the soundcard instead. Its a great and affordable alternative to using the audio port of the controller.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin