XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20201111] [Xbox Series X/S]  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Sciro666

• View Profile
|hy... Im from Germany sry for bad English.
I'm on Xbox series x, New controller, new beta firmware and newest manager.
Since I updatet to beta firmware I cannot add bo4 or MW ST to my apex... The app suddenly ends.
I tried to load the firmware again but nothing changed..

Offline BenTastic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xBitterBallen
This BETA firmware build adds support for Xbox Series X/S controllers on both Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One consoles.
[/size]

So am I right that this beta build is only for xbox user n not for ps4/5 users? Sorry. I'm confused..

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes this firmware only adds support for Xbox Serires S/X users but not for the PS5.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline angiecool45

• View Profile
hello I have download the beta version of xim apex, and installed but it doesnt work nor with my controller x box series x nor with my controller x box one(it isnt an official controller xbox)

With the x box series x controller xim apex don't detect the controller
With the x box one  controller xim apex the controller doesn't turn on

Can you help me Thank you very much

Offline Sciro666

• View Profile
I found a solution...
I de installed the manager, download newest manager again (android) and installed it. Now I can add new config. And now it shows me Xbox 360 or ps3 to choose by adding a new config again...

Don't now what happened

|hy... Im from Germany sry for bad English.
I'm on Xbox series x, New controller, new beta firmware and newest manager.
Since I updatet to beta firmware I cannot add bo4 or MW ST to my apex... The app suddenly ends.
I tried to load the firmware again but nothing changed..

Offline CodeFuzion

• .NET Coding Ninja for Web Solutions
    • View Profile
    • Acadiana .NET User Group
  • Gamertag: CodeFuzion
I am having a similar problem. Worked well at first but then all of a sudden it will not register or even see my Sony Nav controller, the Mouse buttons are registering as a icon, but no button presses recognized. I tried a Xbox Series X and Xbox one controller. Same issue.

I have rebooted Xbox completely, reset the Xim Apex and re-flashed to this Firmware, nothing is working. It was working perfectly fine all last night but it will just not register any key presses from devices and will not see my Sony Nav.

I am at a lost as I have done everything suggested here, it will just not work.
I reject your reality and substitute in my own - PolymorphicViewpoint

.NET Software Architect / Senior Developer / Coding Ninja

Offline CodeFuzion

• View Profile
Just tested on my PC and its the same issues - so its not the Xbox Series X doing this - something is just flat wrong now with the XIM - it powers on fine, I can load new games fine, switch, etc. it just will NOT take incoming input from the devices connected to it. It was working fine last night - not even 12 hours ago.

Does that mean the XIM is now bad or is it a firmware issue?

Offline CodeFuzion

• View Profile
More strangeness :-/

I have my Xim Apex plugged into my PC testing it - and like others I have to wake the controller even though its plugged in with no batteries. And hitting the Xbox Series X controller - it controls the console even though its directly pluged into the Apex XIM in slot 3 in my PC.

It looks like it is using the Wireless functionality - not the local. Could that be why it is not registering the input from the Mouse and Nav? I did notice if I let the XIM load w/o the Controller - the Sony Nav was seen again, then I plugged in the Controller and it sees all the devices, but nothing is registering.

Offline CodeFuzion

• View Profile
wow - so more really really strangeness.

I kept removing and adding back the devices and changing the order - moved the mouse to 2 and the Nav to 1 and after doing that a couple of times (and a error of not reading the Logitech mouse at 1000 polling even though I checked on the PC) it finally registered input from the Nav and Mouse on my PC - going to try the Xbox now to see what happens.

But something is definitely flacky on this Fireware update - maybe the Controller updated - but the really strange part to me is the Controller still controls my Xbox even though its all plugged into my PC - that means its using the Wireless to communicate.

Tested on the Xbox side and it works again. Something is definetly up Obs.

Offline bigmasta

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: bigmasta
  • PSN ID: bigmasta73
I noticed that when I use the Home Button normally the dashboard should appear but when I press it the menu with shut down appears this ist normaly the case when you press the home button 2-3 seconds. Anyone else noticed the same problem?
XSX
PS4 Pro

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
That's strange, I'm not experiencing that with either using a Series X or One controller on a Series X console by either pressing (and also press and hold) by using the controller Guide button directly or using the button for Guide mapped to my keyboard.

Does this happen when not using XIM?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
I've been experiencing some strange lag randomly in the series x mainly when I'm in a game and then press the Xbox home button.  I think that's the cause of it because its hapening with my friends that play controller as well.   

Offline bigmasta

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: bigmasta
  • PSN ID: bigmasta73
Does this happen when not using XIM?
no, it happens only when I use apex, when I disconnect apex and use it directly with batteries the problem is gone.

its definitly a problem with my xim, I didn't had this issue with my XOX, it happens only with my new Series X. It's also not reconizing when I press the home button softly and not so hard, it feels like I have to press more to activate it. When I put back the batteries and use it without Apex, it reconizes much faster and I dont have to press stronger like I have to do it with Apex connected.
« Last Edit: 08:12 AM - 11/22/20 by bigmasta »
XSX
PS4 Pro

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
We have another update coming for Series X/S soon. Let us know if changes anything.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
Do you think it will be released today, currently playing would love to test.