XIM Community

Xim Apex Question before buying (reddragon K552 keyboard, Logitech G502 Hero)  (Read 256 times)

Offline MrWolf

• View Profile
Now I want to start off buy saying I did search the forum and found both of these to be compatible according to multiple  people. However I was hoping I could get input from as many as possible on their experience and a definite yes or no as to if they will work.

I will provide the links to the exact devices I bought at the bottom.

This reason I wanted to ask in fear of beating a dead horse was I ordered the Moise and keyboard days ago to use on another device I had that boasted how well theirs worked and they absolutely do not. I have fairly exstensive background when working with computers i wont get into, but when i stated my issues and listed my trouble shooting steps i broke it down the the point where even their staff avoids my post answering everything around it. (Again not xim its a diffeeent company im not sure if im allowed to name drop)

So even if you see someone has answered feel free to post your experience with these devices, if your staff its even better.

So for the love of god, lol

Will the following devices work on the apex xim, which will be used on my xbox one?

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G502-Performance-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B07GBZ4Q68

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019O9BLVY?linkId=8066aa5d3cc480fae29ae85a41412f2d

I just want complete certain before I spend money.
Sorry for the lengthy post but the other company left me with a pessimistic outlook.
« Last Edit: 12:10 PM - 11/12/20 by OBsIV »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. Sorry for missing this one. Concerning your question about controllers, you can use the one that came with your Xbox (just connect it to your XIM with a standard micro-USB cable). Just be sure to make sure it isn't just a charging USB cable (since it won't have the USB data lines).

G502 is an excellent mouse and many people here use it.

I think the Redragon K552 shouldn't have any issues. I'm only concerned about all the lights on it. Hopefully someone can comment about this keyboard.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MrWolf

• View Profile
I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond to these.
My main controller died just as I left over the road for work so I was needing to order one anyway. That's why I was hoping for a link to one that's confirmed to work.

Also I hear you on the lighting.
I was also concerned about this but I searched the forums here and found links to compatible power adapters to give it the extra juice.

I feel like with the addition or a third party powering option such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DPCPAQS?psc=1

The power lights and all should be good?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes all the lights are a concern, but, if you do need extra power, that is how you'd do it.

Concerning the controller, any standard X1 controller will work such as: https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Black-one/dp/B01LPZM7VI/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2LXQ0OBELTXKR&dchild=1&keywords=xbox+one+controller&qid=1605205036&sprefix=xbox%2Caps%2C224&sr=8-5
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MrWolf

• View Profile
You are awesome man, appreciate you.
Sorry for the late reply,working out of state.
Already placed my order for everything.

Sad but awesome part is.
I got better support from you before i even ordered than i did that "other" company.
Cant wait to give it a go when im home.  ;D

Offline MrWolf

• View Profile
Update:

For anyone wondering if these two devices work, I received my apex and Have had both the keyboard plugged in with the keys on max brightness on the sweeping rainbow animation. (seems like it would be the most taxing) and my g502 on max brightness with cycling colors and they are both working on my XIM apex while casually playing.

If your curious in the future if its still working you can DM me no problem.
As of yet I haven't even had to use an external power adapter for the hub (Even though I bought one incase.)

Feel free to close the thread.