XIM Community

Apex Legends PC Settings - No BS, Linear feel.  (Read 6358 times)

Offline theactualstevie

• PC gamer forced to play console because of friends
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sensational
  • PSN ID: N/A

Settings:
Xbox ST
Mouse: 3200DPI, 500hz
XIM:500hz, default sync all subconfigs
HIP: 16.5
ADS: 13.5
SAB OFF

ALC:
Deadzone 3 from the left
Outer Threshold - Default
Response Curve - Default

Hips and ADS

Yaw Speed - Max
Pitch Speed - Max
Turning Extra Yaw - Min
Turning Extra Pitch - Min
Turning Ramp-up Time - Min
Turning Ramp-up Delay - Min

In my opinion these settings are perfect. They feel way better than I could ever get Xbox to feel, must be the lower aim assist on PC and the higher FPS.

The main thing on this config which makes the biggest difference is deadzone. Having it set to 3 rather than NOT using ALC means that you can have a much easier time breaking in and out of aim assist bubble, in close range this makes a big difference. If you go lower than 3 though your long range precision will suffer. For me 3 is the best.

I've had 20kill and 4k damage games with these settings, the video is clips only using these settings from the past week or two.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Apex Legends Raw Default] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<
« Last Edit: 03:22 AM - 11/10/20 by theactualstevie »

Offline grantman102002

• View Profile
Re: Apex Legends PC Settings - No BS, Linear feel.
« Reply #1 on: 04:47 PM - 11/09/20 »
Looking forward to trying it. Any way you can copy and paste your config and add it to the post, so I don't have to make it from scratch?

Thanks!

edit:
Here is how to post the code for your profile:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=67708.0

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:22 AM - 11/10/20 »
Looking forward to trying it. Any way you can copy and paste your config and add it to the post, so I don't have to make it from scratch?

Thanks!

edit:
Here is how to post the code for your profile:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=67708.0

Sorry for that, just added it in now.

Offline Ampedddd

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JACEEEEEEE
« Reply #3 on: 04:33 AM - 11/10/20 »
How do I properly setup XIM APEX on my PC?
My XIM isn’t recognizing my standard Xbox one controller in the manager. Is this a known issue?

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:58 AM - 11/10/20 »
How do I properly setup XIM APEX on my PC?
My XIM isn’t recognizing my standard Xbox one controller in the manager. Is this a known issue?

Plug everything into your XIM apex as you do on Xbox. Make sure to turn on your controller if it's off - It's basically the exact same as console. I use a USB switcher since it's annoying to have to replug everything back and forward. When I want to switch between using XIM, or using my mouse and keyboard natively, I just press a button on the switcher.

« Last Edit: 05:22 AM - 11/10/20 by theactualstevie »

Offline locojo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CexyJo
« Reply #5 on: 08:05 AM - 11/10/20 »
On the ALC settings, “min”, do you mean none by that or minimum ?

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:32 AM - 11/10/20 »
On the ALC settings, “min”, do you mean none by that or minimum ?

Set to minimum/as far left as you can go

Offline CrazyGamer1019

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:27 AM - 11/10/20 »
XIM on PC is cheating.

Offline grantman102002

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:48 PM - 11/10/20 »
I just spent an hour in the shooting range. My thoughts:

Ok this config is GREAT! I stopped using ALC with some other PC configs due to unwanted jitter or lack of AA but this one has not jitter and the AA is a good amount stronger than Djurik's config (no ALC), for me. I may have failed to setup that config properly, though.

Even without the recoil mitigation config settings here "https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=88576.0" there seemed to be less recoil than Djurik's config with a recoil mitigation setting of 10%. The vertical recoil was the same, but with your profile I had less left/right (horizontal?) recoil. Again this is without using the recoil mitigation settings linked. I honestly thought you may have had recoil control built into the profile already, but no the AA is just that much stronger, I guess.

I disabled all aux settings (loot, grenade, heal, ect.) as I don't use them, and setup recoil mitigation at 5% using and AUX page, not under the ADS page. This means just about every auto gun has little to no vertical recoil and only the heavy recoil guns (r99 and devotion) have slight recoil. Since this method of recoil control is for auto guns all semi autos are perfect like before (unaffected by these settings). I can double tap double headshot with the G7 out to about 20m without any recoil compensation, and out to about 100m with very little pull down. If you shoot a wall there will be recoil and it will even out, but on target the AA is super strong so there is just about 0 recoil with 301.

All in all this is my favorite config yet. Just have to dial in my hip/ads ratio to my liking and I will be golden.
« Last Edit: 01:54 PM - 11/10/20 by grantman102002 »

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:31 PM - 11/10/20 »

Ok this config is GREAT! I stopped using ALC with some other PC configs due to unwanted jitter or lack of AA but this one has not jitter and the AA is a good amount stronger than Djurik's config (no ALC), for me. I may have failed to setup that config properly, though.

Even without the recoil mitigation config settings here "https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=88576.0" there seemed to be less recoil than Djurik's config with a recoil mitigation setting of 10%. The vertical recoil was the same, but with your profile I had less left/right (horizontal?) recoil. Again this is without using the recoil mitigation settings linked. I honestly thought you may have had recoil control built into the profile already, but no the AA is just that much stronger, I guess.

I disabled all aux settings (loot, grenade, heal, ect.) as I don't use them, and setup recoil mitigation at 5% using and AUX page, not under the ADS page. This means just about every auto gun has little to no vertical recoil and only the heavy recoil guns (r99 and devotion) have slight recoil. Since this method of recoil control is for auto guns all semi autos are perfect like before (unaffected by these settings). I can double tap double headshot with the G7 out to about 20m without any recoil compensation, and out to about 100m with very little pull down. If you shoot a wall there will be recoil and it will even out, but on target the AA is super strong so there is just about 0 recoil with 301.

All in all this is my favorite config yet. Just have to dial in my hip/ads ratio to my liking and I will be golden.

Glad you like it! You're spot on about recoil control, especially how some configs feel way easier to control than others.

I tried for ages without using any ALC but it felt that the aim assist was way too strong, and the bubble around people was too big. For example when spraying close range it was very hard to stay on target, at longer ranges though it felt great/sticky. I think a lot of people have the same experience as that and make configs to try and improve the close range part.

One way to lower the aim assist feeling is to lower the deadzone, but I think the side effect when you go too far is the jittery feeling. 2 deadzone feels usable and improves shotgun fighting, but definitely suffers at long range. 3 feels like the perfect balance for me.

Offline BossJ00

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:35 PM - 11/10/20 »

Mind sharing your config?

I tried this config but vertical recoil seemed insane...

Maybe it's just me - or I did something wrong... I'm new to this... Going to test it again.

Offline Burnt_Charcoal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:45 PM - 11/10/20 »
What FOV?

Offline BossJ00

• View Profile

Offline grantman102002

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:35 PM - 11/10/20 »
Mind sharing your config?

I tried this config but vertical recoil seemed insane...

Maybe it's just me - or I did something wrong... I'm new to this... Going to test it again.

I play at around 2000dpi (1800-2200) depending on how I feel using 500hz polling rate. I use 90 FOV on an ultrawide monitor if that matters. All my in game ALC settings are the same as the original post.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [2000 dpi Anti Recoil] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

I use a Nav controller instead of a keyboard so you will have to re-configure your keys AND ADS activators on the ADS and Anti-recoil page... If you want to mess around with adjusting the recoil settings (its at 5% right now) follow the link included in my last post...

Offline grantman102002

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:37 PM - 11/10/20 »
What FOV?

I think they were asking about the original poster's FOV settings...