XIM Community

Xim Apex with Ps4 controller on PC (not recognizing as controller input)  (Read 753 times)

Offline spidrrr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: spidrrr
I'm currently playing with my own mouse and keyboard connected to my laptop with xim apex and my PS4 controller.

However, in game (specifically Apex Legends), it shows that I'm using a PC rather than showing a controller (ie. I'm getting grouped with PC players and if I wanted to disable Crossplay I'd be playing against other PC players.

Shouldn't it show that I'm using a controller?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Can you tell us how everything is connected?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline spidrrr

• View Profile
Sure,

I've simply connected the Xim Apex via USB to my laptop and then connected a mouse in port 1, keyboard in port 2 and my DS4 controller in port 3.

While in game, I can see the PS4 icons (x to start etc), also, when I pick up my controller (whilst connected to the XIM)  - it works fine.

Further - I'm able to seamlessly transition from the XIM k/m to my PC controls (ie I can either use wasd or I can use the track pad on my laptop to move the in game cursor) - literally whilst in game - not sure if this is relevant.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Are you using your PC-connected mouse and keyboard at all while in game? Perhaps this is why the game thinks you aren't using a controller?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline spidrrr

• View Profile
Are you using your PC-connected mouse and keyboard at all while in game? Perhaps this is why the game thinks you aren't using a controller?

So - I'm using my laptop (built in keyboard / trackpad). Neither the keyboard nor trackpad get used while playing (only the peripherals attached to my XIM are in use.)

This isn't to say that if I use the trackpad, it won't work -- it does still work as does the built in keyboard if I wanted to use them (I don't use them at all).

I only use the peripherals attached to my XIM but it still shows my input method as PC

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Unless you can disable the trackpad and laptop kb, Apex Legends will probably detect them as your preferred input method. XIM Link and a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable might be a solution.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline spidrrr

• View Profile
Unless you can disable the trackpad and laptop kb, Apex Legends will probably detect them as your preferred input method. XIM Link and a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable might be a solution.

Gotcha - Thank you!

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
PC doesn't have full on crossplay only consoles. Console players can play on PC lobbies if they are grouped with a PC player.

Admin