XIM Community

Rogue company st issue  (Read 346 times)

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BestRyzeeuu
Rogue company st issue
« on: 06:31 AM - 10/18/20 »
Good day people, so ive been waiting for rc st release like crazy, but to my frustration, after trying every sync possible, the st just doesnt feel right.
First issue and the main issue is the aim assisst(if i dont lock insid the aa bubble instantly, the aa is off the hitbox and cant get it inside, it is like stuck in air..) if the target strafes - again, the aim is dead locked off the target and i cant move it.

I had to revert back star wars st which is by miles better than the current rc st. Only thing is that i love the smooth mouse movements of this new st, unless i start shooting.

So anyone worked around this? What curve shall you guys recommend? I have around 15k+ kills so its not like i am making this upin my mind

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue company st issue
« Reply #1 on: 07:43 AM - 10/18/20 »
The aim assist difference you experience between star wars and the official ST is normal, the star wars one isnt optimized for the game and therefore has aim acceleration, a wrong deadzone and other stuff that will increase the aim assist.
The official ST is perfect in that regard and therefore you have less aim assist. The other aim assist issues you described can be adjusted by using boost, SAB or other XIM settings though by getting used to how the ST works you will automatically mitigate the problems by adapting your mouse movements to the new aim assist.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:01 AM - 10/18/20 »
The aim assist difference you experience between star wars and the official ST is normal, the star wars one isnt optimized for the game and therefore has aim acceleration, a wrong deadzone and other stuff that will increase the aim assist.
The official ST is perfect in that regard and therefore you have less aim assist. The other aim assist issues you described can be adjusted by using boost, SAB or other XIM settings though by getting used to how the ST works you will automatically mitigate the problems by adapting your mouse movements to the new aim assist.

I meant that i have more aim assisst with the new st it is like anti magnet if you are unfortunate to try to follow the strafing target

Offline InsidasS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PACsho0ter
« Reply #3 on: 10:29 AM - 10/18/20 »
I can understand both of you what do you mean,but i must agree with odin on that..for me it has less aim assist than the controller alone..and i am playing it on common..for me actually i was waiting little.bit more aim assist from the config..
Subscribe my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH0bVZ91bG00necRwoMDiCQ?view_as=subscriber

Follow my Twitch channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/shooterass

Follow and Subscribe my Twitch channel:

Thanks for Supporting me!

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #4 on: 10:52 AM - 10/18/20 »
You have become used to using the equivalent of boost basically.

St is not trained with aa influence.

You should always use the official st and then adjust from there. You may need alot of boost.

The aa in this game is terrible its just so strong. Its a shame as its a good game but this mechanic ruins it.

Its fun on pc

Offline DesertCrabz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DesertCrabz
« Reply #5 on: 10:57 AM - 10/18/20 »
Iím looking in the Apex manager and there is not rn st? Am I not getting something?!

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:00 AM - 10/18/20 »

You should always use the official st and then adjust from there. You may need alot of boost.

The aa in this game is terrible its just so strong. Its a shame as its a good game but this mechanic ruins it.

Its fun on pc

Yes, the aa is stupid. So you are saying that the other st i am using has inbuilt boost value?

What is the value youd recommend to use? I am afraid i wont get used to using boost tho, muscle wise

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:34 PM - 10/18/20 »
There is no issue.

That's why I don't recommend to go with a temporal ST and wait for the Official, your muscle memory can get used to a wrong ST. Yes, I know I posted the SW ST for Rogue Company but I have many many people asking me for it.

XIM ST are never tune/train/develop to work with Aim Assist, you should disable in-game to get the st of your XIM.

I haven't tried Rogue Company Official ST, play that game on PC.

I going to check that out, but if the game as a very stubborn strong and intrusive AA with the official ST, and you still need your aim assist crouch -not being harsh that's what it is-

My recommendation is:
1. Use Sync = OFF, add smoothing as needed.
2. Set your XIM and mouse to the highest Polling and Response Rate = 1000MHz
3. Set your mouse DPI to 8000 or higher.

That 3 steps should help you to get in and out of the Aim Assist Bubble in some extend.

Advanced AA Tweaking
However if the AA is too strong and need more tweaking, so you can get it and out and still have AA helpful slowdown, try this:
1. Go to your in-game set Horizontal and Vertical Zoom Sensitivity to 50.
2. Go to your XIM Manager and to the ADS page, change your ADS translator to HIP translator,
3. Still on the ADS page, double your ADS sensitivity.

This way you are using your HIP translator for ADS, in some games this makes you cut-through the aim assist easier without using a curve, but gives you a very controlled boost similar to the SWB ST feeling.

If all above didn't work and you struggling, then is time to try RML Anti-aim assist curves, keep in mind those adds acceleration, so you are trading 1:1 precise tracking for a better subtle Aim Assist.

« Last Edit: 02:39 PM - 10/18/20 by alanmcgregor »

Offline InsidasS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:38 PM - 10/18/20 »

Its fun on pc

Yes, the aa is stupid. So you are saying that the other st i am using has inbuilt boost value?

What is the value youd recommend to use? I am afraid i wont get used to using boost tho, muscle wise
I think he said use the official rogue company st and from there try to adjust it amd start woth a lot of boost value

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:43 PM - 10/18/20 »

That's why you shouldn't use or rely on AA.

Yes you were using a boost with the other ST because is not optimized or trained for this game particular aim mechanics but was the closest.

If you are so concern on your muscle memory you shouldn't use AA at all, that will solve everything. Can't remind if this game has a toggle to disable it tho.

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:20 PM - 10/18/20 »
All right small update.

I jump to the game on PS4. I don't see that stubborn AA you said, but granted I barely play the game on console.
My H/V Sensitivity = 100, Scope = 50, Sync Default, 4000DPI 500Hz

I realize only uses one ST the HIP ST for both HIP Fire and ADS. So in order to get that subtle boost or use a curve you need to create a ADS page (Right Mouse Button as Activation key on Hold) and change there your XIM ADS Sensitivity a higher than your HIP sensitivity.

Increasing to 100 the in-game Scope Sensitivity makes it feel more uniform.

What it feels very helpful as far I tested right now is.
Scope H/V sensitivity = 50
XIM ADS Sensitivity = XIM HIP Sensitivity
XIM ADS page, set Steady Aim = 5.0
Sync Default.

But is for me, what I recommend is go to the Training mode and in the part where you have to hit the dummy with a melee make AA in and out drills, and tweak your settings.

Offline InsidasS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:49 PM - 10/18/20 »
All right small update.

I jump to the game on PS4. I don't see that stubborn AA you said, but granted I barely play the game on console.

I realize only uses one ST the HIP ST for both HIP Fire and ADS. So in order to get that subtle boost or use a curve you need to create a ADS page (Right Mouse Button as Activation key on Hold) and change there your XIM ADS Sensitivity a higher than your HIP sensitivity.

Sync Default.

But is for me, what I recommend is go to the Training mode and in the part where you have to hit the dummy with a melee make AA in and out drills, and tweak your settings.
Wow i feel it amazing btw..i tried right now...its really cool..easy to shoot and fast kills..thanks

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:06 AM - 10/19/20 »
All right small update.

Sync Default.

I will definitely try it thank you. Id turn off the aa if it was possible, or the perfect option would be if they added aa strength slider xd

Also, forgot to ask - what are your ingame settings for deadzone and acceleration boost?
« Last Edit: 09:03 AM - 10/19/20 by BestRyzeEu »

Offline Unknown123456

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:46 PM - 10/19/20 »
All right small update.

Sync Default.

I will definitely try it thank you. Id turn off the aa if it was possible, or the perfect option would be if they added aa strength slider xd

Also, forgot to ask - what are your ingame settings for deadzone and acceleration boost?
If you could play with as off wouldn't your prefer native?

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:48 PM - 10/19/20 »
Good point, I will go for it, if the native implementation has zero acceleration, I haven't tried. As I said before play this game on PC only.

Having accurate 1:1 without acceleration relying only on your aim, is in my opinion is way better than having a slow down in the target with a noticeable turn limitation, because without AA in your way, you can snap and flick shooting accurately.

XIMers who rely/abuse aim assist, they look for the auto-lockon / auto-aim snap-into-target (this game doesn't seems to have it) than a strong slow-down.

I remember when Fortnite introduce its native mouse support, it was hideous took it almost a year in half to make it spot on like on PC, XIM tracking was better and linear, then they mess up aim to an extent that is unbearable even for controller users.