XIM Community

Does aim assist have an affect getting to your perfect sensitivity?  (Read 220 times)

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apexhunter
Hi ! Just wanna know , if aim assist affects the whole process while finding out your perfect sens. i have often felt with aim assist ON ,keeping crosshair steady on a target is relatively very easy than being off while making inconsistent strafes.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
XIM Smart Translators are trained without Aim Assist as it negatively affects the look mechanics, i.e. AA adds deceleration around the hitbox, resulting in unpredictable microaim.

AA will definitely impact sensitivity, but it's up to you to decide whether you like it or not and to make XIM adjustments accordingly (e.g DPI, Polling, Sensitivity, Smoothing, Steady Aim, SAB, analog movement etc can all manipulate AA to some degree).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apexhunter
So , if you turn aim assist off , in the in game menu and further proceeding with finding out the sens.Will that mitigate the issue?

Offline NOBLES_

• View Profile
I don't train my sens on a target dummy. I use a wall with a marker. Not sure if this helps you.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
I feel like these tutorials that help you find your perfect sensitivity via a fixed point on a wall or whatever with no aim assist can be helpful in some cases, but for a lot of people they're not practical by the time aim assist is thrown into the mix. Being able to keep your crosshair on a point on a wall while strafing is great and all, but it's not going to feel like that when your aim is slowed down. Also that same sensitivity might not be what's best for you when it comes to correcting your aim with quick flicks etc.

I think if you're a complete beginner in terms of using a mouse then it's a good starting point. Otherwise, just set up a custom lobby with a bunch of bots, take note of whether you're under or overshooting consistently and keep tweaking everything until it feels right. Once you feel like you've found it, then play a bunch of death match and see how it holds up, making tweaks there where necessary as human movement is mostly more complicated than bot movement.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
So , if you turn aim assist off , in the in game menu and further proceeding with finding out the sens.Will that mitigate the issue?

Absolutely yes, it will help you learn to actually aim for yourself and stop you from relying on the assistance.

AA is a short term help but a long term problem if you ever want to move to PC or play native KB/M on console.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Absolutely yes, it will help you learn to actually aim for yourself and stop you from relying on the assistance.

AA is a short term help but a long term problem if you ever want to move to PC or play native KB/M on console.

You could look at it that way, depends if you actually have any desire to actually move to PC or use native support in the future. Aim assist is so strong these days that a lot of PC players have complained about it being in the PC version of the game for controllers. There are some instances where the crosshair magnetism will track an erratically moving target more effectively than any human ever could. If your goal is to be a "pure" aimer then go ahead and turn aim assist off, if you're just looking for an edge then I'd 100% say keep it on. You'll have the same assists that the controller player is getting, while using a much more precise aiming peripheral.

Offline year0

• View Profile
Don't constantly tweak your settings, it's tempting (and fun tbh) but building muscle memory is what you want to be doing. You could set up your xim with pretty much any crazy settings and eventually you'd be good with them, your brain is a lot more powerful than anything else in the mix
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?