XIM Community

Sync OFF with Low Polling Rates (R6 Siege)  (Read 128 times)

Offline STAO

• View Profile
Sync OFF with Low Polling Rates (R6 Siege)
« on: 09:10 PM - 10/16/20 »
First off I'm basing this on things I've read on this forum and on personal experience, so if anyone believes I'm wrong anywhere then PLEASE say so and why for all our benefit...here I go:

I've read that Sync Defaut is capped to 120hz polling, Sync Common to 60hz Polling and Sync Slow to 30hz Polling - no matter what Polling Rate the mouse is set to. Having a mouse set any higher and even the xim set to match the higher polling rate, for example 1000hz for Default, Common or Sync would be as if you set the xim app polling to 120hz, 60hz or 30 hz.

Yes there is no actual 120hz as its 125, or anything lower, but part of Xim Apex's secret formula is that those sync modes allow for that extra lower polling resulting in a jitter free experience but with higher polling on your mice allowing for a better AA experience...

This polling rate setting which is matched to a particular "Sync" Mode is the reason why the sync rate is the same rate as the recommended FPS of the game (Default 120FPS, Common 60FPS, Slow 30FPS).

It is also the reason why there is a sensitivity change requirement when switching between sync.

I also believe the ratio of change between Default, Common and Slow is the same as the ratio of change as when changing actual polling rates while staying in Sync OFF when changing those polling rates (although the values will slightly differ as Sync Default is 120hz and Common 60hz etc whereas polling is 125, 250, 500 etc - so same ratios but different numbers...

So ultimately this all begs the question:

If you're playing a game such as Rainbow Six Siege which has no aim assist and you're using 500hz or 1000hz with Sync Default or Common you will be capped to 120hz or 60hz polling so why even run at 500hz or 1000hz polling on your mouse or xim app?

And wouldnt it be a more responsive experience to use Sync Off at 250hz as you would actually get slightly more than 2 times more responsive polling than with Sync Default at 120hz or 120FPS as some like to call it?

Also how many of you were aware of this, because I wasn't until recently but it makes sense?

AND again IF I'm wrong here please correct me (But I will say this HAS been mentioned before on this forum in the past so I don't think I am wrong but maybe Xim want to keep these technicalities sort of secret intellectual property type knowhow?).
Use Xim Apex for Rainbow Six Siege on PS4

Mouse: Logitech G903 HERO wireless set to 3200DPI
1000hz Mouse, 500hz in Xim App
Mousepad: Aukey Large Soft Mousepad
Keyboard: K66 Mechanical Keyboard

Current Setup (as of October 2020):

In game: all recommended settings

Also in Game: UPDATED Rotation

Xim app: Sync OFF, 300 HIP, 249 ADS, 2 smoothing, no curves, SAB OFF for HIP and for ADS, HIP Translator for HIP, for ADS and for "Year0" Sub Config

Anti Recoil Sub Config by "Year0" - Y/X 0.7 & walk 5%

My Setup Live Page:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87172.0

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Sync OFF with Low Polling Rates (R6 Siege)
« Reply #1 on: 01:37 AM - 10/17/20 »
AFAIK, XIM APEX will still communicate with the console at the set Response Rate, but output is smoothed at the defined Sync rate (its purpose is primarily to reduce jitter).

This is not the same thing as the XIM communicating at 120, 60 or 30Hz with the console. Response Rate still matters, but Sync Off will send the raw mouse data to the console instead of the smoothed Sync data.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline STAO

• View Profile
Re: Sync OFF with Low Polling Rates (R6 Siege)
« Reply #2 on: 08:55 AM - 10/17/20 »
This is interesting, perhaps we will never know the exact formula but I would love to know...

Perhaps Default, Common and Slow are different Smoothing Values or could they possibly be a blend of different Sync and different Smoothing Values together...

...each Sync mode (apart from Off) sort of being a highly stable preset option in a way...?
Use Xim Apex for Rainbow Six Siege on PS4

Mouse: Logitech G903 HERO wireless set to 3200DPI
1000hz Mouse, 500hz in Xim App
Mousepad: Aukey Large Soft Mousepad
Keyboard: K66 Mechanical Keyboard

Current Setup (as of October 2020):

In game: all recommended settings

Also in Game: UPDATED Rotation

Xim app: Sync OFF, 300 HIP, 249 ADS, 2 smoothing, no curves, SAB OFF for HIP and for ADS, HIP Translator for HIP, for ADS and for "Year0" Sub Config

Anti Recoil Sub Config by "Year0" - Y/X 0.7 & walk 5%

My Setup Live Page:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87172.0

Admin