XIM Community

A new XIM for next gen?  (Read 431 times)

Offline Bacon

• View Profile
A new XIM for next gen?
« on: 11:21 AM - 10/16/20 »
will there be a new XIM when next gen consoles are out? I'm not talking if current one doesn't work so you make new, we don't know if it does or not yet. i mean when the new gen consoles are out will you make a new model to go with it. just asking so i can hold from buying the ps5 and wait for new XIM to come out and buy it together lol

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: A new XIM for next gen?
« Reply #1 on: 11:36 AM - 10/16/20 »
We are working on a new product but it's not a mouse and keyboard adapter. The plan is to upgrade XIM APEX for next gen. Xbox has committed to forward and backwards hardware compatibility so it's looking like support for Xbox Series X/S will be available soon after launch. PS5 has committed very little to hardware compatibility so it'll take more time after launch to add support.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Naj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
« Reply #2 on: 01:51 PM - 10/16/20 »
We are working on a new product but it's not a mouse and keyboard adapter. The plan is to upgrade XIM APEX for next gen. Xbox has committed to forward and backwards hardware compatibility so it's looking like support for Xbox Series X/S will be available soon after launch. PS5 has committed very little to hardware compatibility so it'll take more time after launch to add support.

Interesting any info on what you guys are working on ?.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 02:46 PM - 10/16/20 »
Not yet, but we plan on announcing before the end of the year.

Offline Bacon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:15 AM - 10/17/20 »

The only in for I can find was duel shock works with the ps4 games coming to ps5. Which is weird. If it is comparable it should work. Anyway lol, the new item you working on.. Should I wait for that to come out before I buy the ps5? If its a new version of apex or what not I don't want to buy apex then after three months a newer one comes.
Basically only want get ps5 is I can either get apex at same time or the new item youb working on whic I hope does same job. I have a xim4 atm and works fine for my ps4  so never upgraded

Offline kaiju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:28 AM - 10/17/20 »

If the XIM doesn't work with PS5 will you work on a new one or just drop support for PlayStation?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 11:16 AM - 10/17/20 »
If XIM APEX isn't compatible with PS5, the chances that it's a hardware incompatibly is very unlikely.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:49 AM - 10/18/20 »
Not yet, but we plan on announcing before the end of the year.

Anti-skill based matchmaking device / router ? I was thinking the other day about some kind of device that modifies the packets being sent so that it tells the server that some of your kills were actually deaths. Imagine how triggered companies like Activision would be and how many people would buy it LOL

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 04:08 AM - 10/18/20 »
XIM Tech doesn't develop cheat devices. Manipulating network packages is definitely cheating.

The closest you'll get to something like you described is a NetDuma router, which allows you to create a geo-fence for peer connections, select specific server locations, or to adjust bandwidth to affect lag compensation.

NetDuma didn't quite live up to expectations as it was at one point going to allow us to block specific peers from connecting to a lobby that you're in. Other routers can also perform similar functionality through custom firmware and QoS settings, so NetDuma isn't the only option (it's more or less a reskin of open-source router FW).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:14 AM - 10/18/20 »
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Personally I only consider cheating things like wall hacks and aimbots, or anything that tampers with the base code of an application. Sure. you're still altering files but you're not really changing the code of the game, plus when the packets are on your side they are "yours", or at least from my perspective lol

As for the netduma, I've been thinking about tampering my internet strength to almost nothing when it begins searching, and then it finally gives up and is willing to match me with anyone. Then I will just have to figure out how long that takes and change my internet speed back to normal. Only problem is this is too much work first of all, and worst of all, it can be patched (if not already). All it would take if for them to disable the functionally where "it gives up" searching for players of equal skill, and it's game over.