XIM Community

[RESOLVED] My xim4 flashing yellow then white then goes off  (Read 237 times)

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xI C4LVIN Ix
  • PSN ID: Aiyanarrr
Hi my xim4 after a factory reset and firmware update is now flashing yellow. flashing yellow three times, 4 times before showing a solid white and then it going off. Any help please ?
« Last Edit: 09:06 AM - 10/21/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My xim4 flashing yellow then white then goes off
« Reply #1 on: 09:07 AM - 10/16/20 »
Welcome to the community. Is this your first time using this XIM4?

The issue you've described happens when a controller and peripheral are not detected. Be sure to connect the controller and mouse to Xim.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
no ive had this xim for years just got an account on here recently. i try many cables at least 5 and still keeps disconnecting my controller i have no idea what is going on. Also im on ps4. Never had a problem with it till now really.
« Last Edit: 03:45 PM - 10/16/20 by Aiyanar »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
There's a bug in the latest XIM4 firmware that requires an active peripheral otherwise XIM4 will flash red and not function, it sounds like it may be related to this issue. Could you check if this happens using the firmware before the latest? A factory reset is needed to downgrade so if you try this be sure to write down important config information. Here's a link:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
Yea is still the same on the 2017 verison doesnt connect still
« Last Edit: 07:26 AM - 10/17/20 by Aiyanar »

Offline Bann

• View Profile
There's a bug in the latest XIM4 firmware that requires an active peripheral otherwise XIM4 will flash red and not function, it sounds like it may be related to this issue. Could you check if this happens using the firmware before the latest? A factory reset is needed to downgrade so if you try this be sure to write down important config information. Here's a link:

How about for xim apex .. i have same trouble.. suddenly keyboard and mouse not working properly and off

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
Might be a power issue for yours bann it depends what peripherals you have.

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile

Anyway i even rolled it back to 2016 still the same problem and even got new cables and even used differeant keyboard one that is low power so. im not sure what is wrong it could it still  be a power issue?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you for taking the time to test the last firmware.

An attached device could cause this. To find out which, connect XIM4 with nothing attached. Once XIM4 has finished starting connect the controller, wait a moment, then connect the mouse, wait, then connect the keyboard. At which point does the issue occur?

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
I turn the xim on after it boots it flashes red. then soon as put the controller in it starts flashing yellow

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It may be related to the controller or cable, to check, does this happen if another device is connected first instead of the controller?

Assuming the other devices do not cause a yellow flash when connected first, the next steps are to test the controller in other XIM ports and test other data cables with the controller.

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
I have tested other data cables with the my controller and tried it in different ports all seem to just flash yellow. I've tried just with my m and k and they connect fine its just my controller so I do have a second ps4 controller and did the exact same tried with different cables and in different ports still flashing yellow.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Did you test other cables between XIM4 and console? At the moment there doesn't appear to be an issue with the XIM4 if it's able to recognize other devices without the same issue. It's not unheard of for multiple cables and controllers to fail like this. Do you have a PC available? If so, we could check if your controller and cable can be recognized by other devices in wired mode. To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'game controllers'. Windows should point you to 'setup usb game controllers' from the control panel, continue to this selection. You should then see this screen.

Select the controller then click properties. You should then see this screen with a similar reference to a controller.

If you've made it this far you should see your controller actions in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.

Offline Aiyanar

• View Profile
Ok done this my controller is showing to be working fine can see that my PC is picking my controller inputs and tried this with my other cables they all working fine.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for confirming. It's odd that your XIM is responding to other devices but fails with controllers. Normally I would recommend RMA but unfortunately XIM4 is discontinued and repairs are no longer possible. Based on the troubleshooting results this unit may need to be replaced. I'm sorry that this couldn't be solved remotely.

Admin