XIM Community

ApexLegendsST needs an update/an alternate ST using Advanced Look Controls (ALC)  (Read 946 times)

Offline brotski

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rerrick__Dose
With the ALC for Apex legends being out for so long I believe that the Apex Legends needs a new ST which used the Advanced look controls and here's why.

1) With the deadzone settings on the advanced look controls (if mist is looking at this look at using values in between preset values by lowering the left stick sensitivity and click in between two values) we can get far better micromovements than we can get with default ST and settings especially on PS4.

2) With being able to manually adjust response curve and threshold and threshold acceleration we can get perhaps better 1:1 translation

3) With advanced optic settings we can get 1:1 settings for every zoom level as well which is a huge problem especially when using ARs and trying to compensate for recoil.

Fortnite has advanced look settings, I believe it's time that Apex Legends also gets and ALC ST. It will make the game play experience much better as many ALC users can vouch for. With the tools and experience that mist and the XIM team has I am certain they can make an ALC ST far better than the community can.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks for the feedback. We want to avoid having multiple translators per game. Is ALC better overall and something we could switch to exclusively without negatively affecting the game experience for others?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline S

• View Profile
Thanks for the feedback. We want to avoid having multiple translators per game. Is ALC better overall and something we could switch to exclusively without negatively affecting the game experience for others?
Without a doubt. ALC is way more responsive and offers a higher turnspeed cap than the standard ingame sensitivities and response curves. I also understanf what you mean trying to avoid multiple translators per game, especially to avoid confusion but for this game i actually feel like it would be a waste to not take advantage of the alc controls since they offer a lot more advantages than the original ones. I mean, you can already see on the forum that the majority of players are now using ALC instead simply because it's better even when the config isn't trained for it.
Mice: Ultralight 2, Deathadder V2, G-pro Wireless, Viper, Viper Ultimate, G502, Rival 310, MX518L.
Favorites: Deathadder V2/Ultralight 2

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
I can vouch for ALC. it feels slightly more responsive and allows for better fine tuning. Also turn speed seems to be slightly faster. I could see the Apex Legends ST benefitting greatly by incorporating or even defaulting the ALC for the ST

Offline StarFruit

• View Profile
I can vouch also, ALC is wayy better and more responsive

Offline yasin

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Flips
This actually will help out a lot.

Offline DaTz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaTz
  • PSN ID: DaTzBrAnDoN
+ 1 to all that

Offline Sil3ntHawk

• Streamer | Xim Enthusiast | Cheek Clapper
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
  • Gamertag: Sil3ntHawkTTV
This would be amazing!! Even if people are using standard 7/7 settings they should be able to match them in ALC. This would give everyone a greater deal of customization.
Hawk Yeah!!!

Online Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
How does this work? an ST for a premade ALC or the ST is made to fit all ALC settings?

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
Maybe it will be a solution for Apex Legends, Turned Off ALC in game now, coz it affecting AA currently (PC). Hands are tight now to defaults.. hahaha..
But i can't say the controls are bad now, it works great for me currently. If the ALC can make the flicks speed better - +1.
« Last Edit: 09:24 PM - 10/16/20 by Djurik »
(\__/)   ╔═.♥.═════════════════════╗
(>’.’<)    Ⓢⓒⓡⓐⓣⓒⓗ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)  ╚═════════════════════.♥.═╝

- My Apex Legends XIM setting for PC (closest feel)

Offline S

• View Profile

Any update on the topic of maybe retraining?
Mice: Ultralight 2, Deathadder V2, G-pro Wireless, Viper, Viper Ultimate, G502, Rival 310, MX518L.
Favorites: Deathadder V2/Ultralight 2

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
We will take a look after we are done with Squadrons.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
I don't if you noticed but a lot of us use the Xbox ST on the PS4 because the PS4 one is unsable. I don't know if it's a deadzone issue or whatever but it's just not responsive at all. The Xbox one is decent a replacement but I feel like it's something's missing. Like it's almost there but not quite.

Offline brotski

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rerrick__Dose

If you need an advice on how to deal with the ALC, myself, Maria, PEEKABOO and Oldmanclutch606 know the ALC very well.

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
Good to hear! Excited to hear the results.