XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Keyboard and mouse not working since xbox controller was updated  (Read 145 times)

Offline johnykick

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SoulMorTal3563
  • PSN ID: Xbox
Hi

Please by advised that i was using XimApex since a long time but on 10th October 2020 my console Xbox One X was updated automatically and my Xbox controller was updated automatically wheni was playing PUBG with XimApex.

Since 10thOct2020 lookings like my adapter is working as i can see the light in adapter, also when i change my profile with bluetooth but keyboard and mouse are not working.

I tried reset both AimApex and Xbox One X but I can only see light and keyboard and mouse still not working. I tried my keyboard and mouse in pc but its working fine.

When i connect AimApex with keyboard and mouse,i tried to see if my controller was working but i was shock as when my controller was working with AimApex but keyboard and mouse was not working.

Can you please help me how should I resolve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Johny
« Last Edit: 04:50 PM - 10/16/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. Does pressing the conroller's Xbox button turn the controller on and allow your mouse and keyboard to be used?

Let's try a console hard reset, this fixes a console wired controller recognition bug. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline johnykick

• View Profile
Hi

I tried hardformat also but its still not working. Plz help me.

Johny

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Does pressing the controller Xbox button turn the controller on and allow your mouse and keyboard to be used? An Xbox firmwares update has changed this behavior for some controllers. Updating to the latest firmware for the latest controller support may help. There are other causes but this would be the next place to check.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Offline johnykick

• View Profile
Hi

I have updated firmware already, i tried again and it shows me that I have already latest firmware.

I tried all every possible to change usb at from and back also, I have hard format also, I have updated both controller and console both, I tried reset Adapter and update it.

The only thing is I am able to change mapping and all via bluetooth in adapter but again keyboard & mouse not working.

I think Xbox one X is blocking me using keyboard & mouse by using adapter. And i think you will need to updade new firmware and find it how can we unblock the adapter. (I think)

If your team has latest Xbox one X after 10OCT2020 with controller update and check if its working with adapter then i think you will have the same problem like i have now. Just try once plz.

Regards
Johny

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
There haven't been other reports about new hardware blocking support but we are always looking for correlation.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

In the meantime we can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. To do this, please remove APEX and then disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Reconnect APEX to the console with only the controller connected to the hub while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare data cables please test other data cables with the controller. If it does show four green lights then attach the mouse only, test and share results.

Offline johnykick

• View Profile
Hi

I have changed my cable, keyboard and mouse then adapter was working.

Sorry for inconvenience, problem was from my side only.

I appreciate to take time for me and you tried your best to clear this issue.

Appreciate again.

Regards
Johny