XIM Community

Consol to pc and back again..  (Read 324 times)

Offline pfunk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LndividuaL
Consol to pc and back again..
« on: 12:39 AM - 10/07/20 »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation to me.. made the switch from xbox to one x to pc and I have now ordered the PS5.
I Play mostly COD multiplayer and Warzone. I used the xim apex when I was on consol and honestly the game was more enjoyable, it seems almost impossible to play the game on PC due to the amount of cheaters in every lobby.
It is disappointing that PC players feel they have to cheat. I notice when I do get paired up with consol players (duo, trios and quads) a lot of consol players drop out before the game starts, which I do not blame them. Most of my friends are consol and they say the game is more chilled when I'm not in their squad influencing what lobbies we get put in to. (Or im just trash haha)

Its not just this game but every game seems to have a big cheat problem on PC.
It is a shame as I was looking forward to going back to my roots of pc gaming on cs 1.6 but with better graphic capabilities for modern games and more in game customisation. Hoping the PS5 is capable of running the game almost as smoothly as PC.

Cheers

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Re: Consol to pc and back again..
« Reply #1 on: 08:28 AM - 10/07/20 »
I used to play on PC and it's the reason I switched to console. At least with CoD games, the playerbase was dead within months of release and there was a concerning number of cheaters. Neither of these are problematic on console, I've made a good circle of friends on PS4, I tell everyone about my XIM usage and nobody really gives a @#$%. The ones that sorta did came around when I pointed out that while a XIM is an advantage, it's not a cheat - a cheat is something you apply and it provides instant improvement, if I let any of those controller players have a go on my setup they'd fail miserably lol. Same way a Scuf is an advantage over a regular controller or a top of the range headset or monitor is an advantage over something cheap.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:52 PM - 10/07/20 »
Whenever i have a "PC phase" and i want to get to e.g. global in CSGO my interesting playing PC starts to fade the higher i climb in ranked and the more of my past games get nullified because of a cheater being busted from these matches...
Every few games you seem to have a cheater in either your team or the enemy, sometimes you may not notice them and othertimes they make it quite apparent.

Needless to say that i always switch back to consoles again after a few weeks or so ;).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 02:10 PM - 10/07/20 »
Cheaters, hackers, blue screens of death and the hardware upgrade circlejerk is why I left PC for console gaming on PS3.

I still play PC games, but they're all single-player titles that aren't available on / don't translate well to console, e.g. strategy, flight sims & some RPGs.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline pfunk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LndividuaL
« Reply #4 on: 04:22 PM - 10/07/20 »
 The crossplay function would be great if you could select to only play against consols.
Warzone/Multiplayer has got to the point now on pc that every time I die I assume its a hacker.. it was nice at the beginning on consol when you got killed you actually had to think how they bested you.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:37 AM - 10/12/20 »
As much as we hear about the cheating problem on PC, and before I say anything further I do acknowledge there is a bit of a problem and always has been ( although it became more common when PC's became user friendly with simple click here to install game ).
Cheating on PC isn't near as much as people make out, I would even guess there is a higher count of XIM users on console playing that particular game than there are PC cheaters.

The issue is more of a perception, and more so in the console world than in the PC world because most console gamers cannot comprehend how good SOME pc players are.
Yep, there are lots of video's on youtube with evidence of cheaters, but you are getting an atom sized portion of the games played and making the assumption that it is everywhere and rampant.

How many time have we heard the BS,  KB/M Xim users are everywhere, they are in every game, every diamond on console is a XIM user.

We know that is complete BS, and yet it is the same thing as suggesting the cheating problem on PC is huge and it's in every game you join.

I moved to console for those very cheating related problems back in 2007, but I never stopped playing PC games, in the last year or so I have been playing a crap tom of pc games, but I do play mostly console, due to more friends on console.

The crossplay function would be great if you could select to only play against consoles.
Warzone/Multiplayer has got to the point now on pc that every time I die I assume its a hacker.. it was nice at the beginning on consol when you got killed you actually had to think how they bested you.

That statement is exactly the reason why people assume cheats, the most likely situation is you were bested.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #6 on: 08:16 AM - 10/12/20 »
While to a point I agree, but for the most part you are wrong when it comes to cheating on pc. Was a pc gamer long time ago got back into it 3 years ago as I still play console as well. Just love gaming and trying to have fun.

Now if this was January of this year I would say the whole cheating thing is blown out of proportion like you. But the pandemic hit and gaming blew up to a level never seen before. Now with this is appears people have figured they will cheat, and cheat they do. My friends and I run up against cheaters in so many games now itís unreal. I know you will say we just think they are cheating they are just better. Well I agree skill cap on pc is way higher and there are plenty of people better then me period or just better at that moment. But we have been getting plenty of games we play now and we will report them. Then days to a week later we get a message that person was banned. This happens all the time with the group of like 8 of us. So yes cheating is real and itís a huge problem on pc right now. The biggest issue is since the pandemic hit it seems to be all types of people cheating as to where before it was try hards or people just watunv to ruin your experience cause they were sad with no life.
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:00 AM - 10/12/20 »
The point I was making is, there is a belief that there is a cheat in every match, it just isn't true.  It isn't possible to confirm a cheat without seeing their POV either live or via an in game recording and played back at full frame rate, and taking into account latency, frame rates, and server tick rate unless it's blatantly obvious which is extremely rare.

Believe what you want to believe, it's your right.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:36 PM - 10/12/20 »
I'm PC Player since... ever, always will be. I play on console to socialize and my friends IRL. XIM gives me the option to play using a more familiar input control and that's it.

However I prefer PC gaming for campaign immersive and single player AAA games where you can get delight with beautiful graphics and high refresh rates.

I can see Console platform a good way to stay away from Cheaters (please don't called hackers, most of those @#$% don't even know hex), keep in mind if your game has flimsy net-code, auto-aim mechanics or glitches rest assured that they will be abused, just embrace that's part of the game, and those my friends are more common and easy access than XIM and does gives you an unfair advantage.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:33 AM - 10/13/20 »
(please don't called hackers, most of those @#$% don't even know hex),

Very rare to find someone who understands the difference between a hacker / modder and a cheater :-)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #10 on: 09:26 PM - 10/13/20 »
Kinda ironic that we switch from pc to console and we end up being called the cheaters. LOL
XiM3R since ever since.