XIM Community

DPI & SENSITIVITY .  (Read 185 times)

Offline virrxs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: virrxs-
DPI & SENSITIVITY .
« on: 07:32 PM - 10/05/20 »
Hi all !
the question I ask myself is playing a DPI or another change what is the difference? if I play:
DPI> 12,000 + HIP 60, ADS 30.
or
DPI> 3200 + HIP 225, ADS 112.50
the 2 above are normally exactly the same settings in terms of speed so the question is why play an average DPI and not a large one? different aim assist? or what ? help me

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
Re: DPI & SENSITIVITY .
« Reply #1 on: 04:06 AM - 10/13/20 »
Set up a blind test to see if you can tell the difference.

Better to run your own experiments and come to your own conclusion than to blindly trust what others tell you, It helps you learn how things relate to each other and what they actually do.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:25 AM - 10/18/20 »
For me 3200DPI feels best. Im not as accurate when I go higher for some reason. However, very important to note is you need to stick with things for a long enough time to figure out if they work. Don't focus on changing things constantly. With me personally, a lot of times I will not even use the correct ST or open XIM settings for months, even years. I get completely used to what I have and never have problems. Like a cockroach.

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:35 AM - 10/18/20 »
I always play on max possible dpi, which for my g 403 hero with the new fw is 25k dpi , higher dpi makes cutting into aa bubble way easier and it's somehow feels right for me, I tried 3.2k dpi for a few months but I could never really get used to it, the feeling is somehow different. Higher dpi easier cut into aa bubble, feels more responsive and I am somehow more accurate with higher dpi but that's just me.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:26 PM - 10/18/20 »
Maybe cuz you're really good. With noobs like  me, I need the aim assist as strong as possible (not too strong where I can't move but still). There is nothing I like more than strong aim assist that follows targets as they move. Following moving targets without aim assist has always been a HUGE problem for me in shooters as I tend to over-react to the smallest move they make, and unless I have strong aim assist to guide me, where my over-reaction don't mess up my aim, I will lose the gun fight if the guy is strafing for instance. Plus my reaction aint the best either, so combine that with the over-reaction thing and you get the most unstoppable CoD beast of all time.

Especially in treyarch CoD games the movement of characters always confuses me idk why. It mostly has to do with how they literally slide on the ground and their feet don't match their movement speed. Plus when they get shot they flinch one way, slide the other way - absolute hell for me lol
« Last Edit: 12:32 PM - 10/18/20 by LolPop »