XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Mouse and keyboard disconnecting  (Read 103 times)

Offline Raduel

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xSlyc
[ACTIVE] Mouse and keyboard disconnecting
« on: 05:34 PM - 10/05/20 »
Every time now that I play bo3 after like 5 mins it just disconnects my keyboard and mouse, and my character just be running in the same direction I was going and to stop it I have to unplug the xim apex then plug it back in, but my controller still be on idk I just wanna know how to fix this problem.
« Last Edit: 09:02 AM - 10/06/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse and keyboard disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: 09:01 AM - 10/06/20 »
Welcome to the community. Are you using XIM APEX or XIM4?

A good place to start is to connect the controller directly to the console to charge while XIM and hub are disconnected. If on xbox, remove the controller battery. Testing other data cables with the controller may help too.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Bann

• View Profile
Re: Mouse and keyboard disconnecting
« Reply #2 on: 05:42 AM - 10/18/20 »
Welcome to the community. Are you using XIM APEX or XIM4?

A good place to start is to connect the controller directly to the console to charge while XIM and hub are disconnected. If on xbox, remove the controller battery. Testing other data cables with the controller may help too.
Not solving. I have tried many times and still happen like that man too

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Mouse and keyboard disconnecting
« Reply #3 on: 09:04 AM - 10/19/20 »
A common disconnect cause can be work cables. Testing spare data cables may help if you have them. If not, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

Offline Bann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:53 AM - 10/20/20 »
A common disconnect cause can be work cables. Testing spare data cables may help if you have them. If not, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

Mouse razer viper wired
Tartaurs chroma
No third party and cable high quality

Why white and green  4x?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:35 AM - 10/20/20 »
Are you using XIM4 or XIM APEX? This can happen when using XIM4 with an older firmware that doesn't support your controller.

White and green x4? Are these light codes that you're seeing? A white light is a crash caused by an attached device or corruption. It's good that it happens within 5 minutes, this could make finding the cause easier. Do you know if the issue happens if you leave your setup to idle? If so then may be useful to let your XIM idle with only the controller attached for 5-10 minutes to check for a disconnect. If there's no disconnect then with XIM still running connect the mouse next, idle for 5-10 minutes and repeat this for the keyboard. Knowing when the crash happens could tell us how to fix it.

Offline Bann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:04 PM - 10/21/20 »
Are you using XIM4 or XIM APEX? This can happen when using XIM4 with an older firmware that doesn't support your controller.

White and green x4? Are these light codes that you're seeing? A white light is a crash caused by an attached device or corruption. It's good that it happens within 5 minutes, this could make finding the cause easier. Do you know if the issue happens if you leave your setup to idle? If so then may be useful to let your XIM idle with only the controller attached for 5-10 minutes to check for a disconnect. If there's no disconnect then with XIM still running connect the mouse next, idle for 5-10 minutes and repeat this for the keyboard. Knowing when the crash happens could tell us how to fix it.
Im using xim apex.. ok i will try ur advice.. and i will report to u soon