XIM Community

New to PC!  (Read 164 times)

Offline RicardoAlmag

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RicardoAlmag
New to PC!
« on: 10:43 AM - 09/29/20 »
So Iím looking to buy a new gaming pc. Probably not the right place to ask but this is a nice community and Iíll end up using xim apex anyway. I have 2 options and wanted to ask you guys what would be best. They both cost the same so Iím just asking which one is better or which one has better parts. Let me know what you think please
Thanks.

Option 1:

Parts:
CPU: i7 6700k (up to 4.2 GHz)
Cooler: Asetek Aio Water Cooling
GPU: Msi GTX 980ti
Motherboard: Asus Z170-k
Ram: 32gb DDR4 Ram
Storage: 256gb SSD
Storage: 1tb Hard Drive
Power Supply: 1000w 80+Bronze
Windows 10 Installed
WiFi built in

Option 2:

CPU : i7 6700 ( 7th intel)
Motherboard: asus Gaming lga 1151 full options
Ram: corsair ddr4 16gb 3200 mhz
graphic card: GTX 1070 8GB VR READY
Storage: 500GB+ 250 GB SSD
Installed windows 10 pro

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New to PC!
« Reply #1 on: 09:06 AM - 09/30/20 »
They are both very similar performance wise and they're both very outdated.
If you are planning on playing well optimized games you could be alright for a little while.   But don't expect great performance.

For very demanding games like Warzone for example, the FPS drops to 60 in populated areas for the 1070 which is pretty poor and will not give you a good experience.

Next gen consoles will probably perform better and cost less than both of these.

If you really want a good gaming PC that will last for a few years look into nvidia's new 3000 series.  It's the biggest jump in a decade for graphics cards. 
Almost everyone will be running one of these soon enough. They beat the older generation by a lot in performance and cost about the same price.

Admin