XIM Community

Dropped and wounded XIM4 - bad USB connection  (Read 116 times)

Offline Sirweste

• View Profile
Dropped and wounded XIM4 - bad USB connection
« on: 02:56 PM - 09/24/20 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the very informative forum, been using it on and off since Iíve had my XIM.

Tonight I dropped my XIM4 on to a slate floor with the USB b power lead plugged in. Now it doesnít power on unless there is a slight upwards force to the plug. So Iíve wounded the connection on the board I guess.
Any advice on how to resolve?

Iíve taken a video, but donít think I can upload directly

Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped and wounded XIM4 - bad USB connection
« Reply #1 on: 04:35 PM - 09/24/20 »
Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately XIM4 RMA repairs are no longer possible. If the port is unreliable now or fails, the XIM4 will need to be replaced.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #2 on: 09:16 AM - 09/25/20 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the very informative forum, been using it on and off since Iíve had my XIM.

Tonight I dropped my XIM4 on to a slate floor with the USB b power lead plugged in. Now it doesnít power on unless there is a slight upwards force to the plug. So Iíve wounded the connection on the board I guess.
Any advice on how to resolve?

Iíve taken a video, but donít think I can upload directly

Thanks

I had this same issue, had to keep the usb connection slightly up and it just got worse and worse until finally the micro-usb snapped off and I had to get it repaired. I would suggest that before it gets any worse trying to re-flow the solder points for the micro-usb as you have a broken solder on one of the usb lines. If you dont have the know-how/tools check around locally for an electronics shop that does repairs and ask them if they could just re-flow the connections for that point, they may be able to do it for cheap.

Offline Acezilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:16 AM - 09/26/20 »
If your in the states, you can send it to me if you like and I can repair it for you if all it requires is a reflow of the micro USB solder joint