XIM Community

Black ops cold war config  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Lowkeeloki

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: I’ll tell you when you DM
Black ops cold war config
« on: 05:26 AM - 09/17/20 »
Mainly a question for the admins, do you think there will be cold war config for the beta when its released? And what config do you think would be viable when it does release? I'm guessing one of the treyarch games would be suitable right?

Offline kaiju

• View Profile
Re: Black ops cold war config
« Reply #1 on: 06:59 AM - 09/17/20 »
It's out for like 3 days it'd be crazy if they did but I doubt it however the MW config might work isnt it the same engine?

Offline G502DoBeHeavy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:16 AM - 09/17/20 »
There is never ST's for Beta or Alpha releases. They take too much time to perfect and the betas are a limited time thing. Also, many times the devs change things for the final release so it's pointless to do a trainer on them now.

Best bet is to use another cods ST with similar engine to the one being released.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:20 AM - 09/17/20 »
I opened a topic some time ago for this.

Just for information for the developers and users of XIM Apex, who will get the new game:

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War DOES NOT run on the MW2019 engine. It uses a revamped and upgraded Black Ops 3 engine instead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackopscoldwar/comments/ih5gr1/call_of_duty_black_ops_cold_war_does_not_run_on/

First off, Treyarch’s Dan Bunting says that they are not fully using Modern Warfare’s engine for Black Ops Cold War. Infinity Ward debuted a brand new engine with Modern Warfare that was in the works for years, which dramatically transformed Call of Duty’s graphics.

Treyarch says that while the teams share the ‘underlying technology,’ the engine and technology being used in Black Ops Cold War was created back in 2015. Bunting says that the team worked hard to revamp and re-build a lot of their tools starting with Black Ops 3, and Black Ops Cold War showcases the power of what they were able to do. It’s important to focus on making tools and specific functionality versus a whole engine, and that’s where they focused.

So when we start tweaking or training a new ST (especially for beta), we should start to look into the Black Ops 3 ST.

Have fun until then and see you in beta.

Just take PS4 - BO3 ST.

Game is based on BO3 Engine.
Probably BO4 ST will be good too.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #4 on: 09:03 AM - 09/17/20 »
They only create translator for "betas" that are in like a perpetual "beta" state like Fortnite. They will not create a translator for any betas outside of that, especially 3 days simply because the process would possibly take longer to create the ST than the beta would even last.

Most CoDs though can be played with a prev CoD games ST and is normally what people end up using for the betas until the official one is released after the game is out.

Offline Ceejzor

• Born To Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:07 AM - 09/17/20 »
They are on the new Modern Warfare Engine, not BO3 if I can recall, just looking at it shows ya that as for the movement/gunplay all looks MWish to me could be wrong though.

Will try MW at launch tomorrow then if not working right BO3

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:28 PM - 09/17/20 »
They are on the new Modern Warfare Engine, not BO3 if I can recall, just looking at it shows ya that as for the movement/gunplay all looks MWish to me could be wrong though.

Do you have a source for that?

My last information was the Reddit link I posted above.

For me all movement looks Black Opsish , but we will see later when Alpha starts.  ;D I will try BO3-ST first.

Offline Lowkeeloki

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: I’ll tell you when you DM
« Reply #7 on: 03:47 AM - 09/18/20 »

I doubt it would run the same engine as MW as it's 2 different engines entirely

Offline crackedAF

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:28 AM - 09/18/20 »

The only possibility for that is in warzone. But it was stated as a fact that it used the black ops 3 engine, just revamped / tweaked so it should work fine.

Offline wat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:23 AM - 09/18/20 »
Can confirm BO3 is better than MW ST. Haven’t tried BO4 yet.

3200dpi
1000hz
Default sync
12.6 hip
7.2ads

Gives a good 46cm/360 (have a huge mouse pad)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:25 PM - 09/18/20 »
Played for ~6h now, got some good results.

Currently I'm using:

BO3 ST PS4
12000 DPI
1000 Hz (Mouse and XIM)

Hip
Default sync
No more changes

ADS
Delay 224 ms

Default Sync
Smoothing 5
No more changes