XIM Community

[Q/A] Need Help Improving mouse settings for Black Desert Online ps4  (Read 254 times)

Offline hadok7

• View Profile
Hello all,

I'm currently attempting to build a config for black desert on console using azeron compact and g403 hero. Movement and keymapping isn't going to be an issue at all as the azeron's thumbstick has extremely smooth movement with this game. That being said, I am having trouble finding a mouse setting. Here's what I'm currently using from a youtube vid, which were literally the ONLY settings for the game I could find on the internet after searching for hours:

Rainbow 6 Siege (updated)
1000hz
Hip Aim: 300
Synch common
Smoothing: 1
Y/X: 1.01
Use HIP translator

Delay 5ms
Smooth aim transition on
ADS Aim: 65
Synch Common
Smoothing: 5
Y/X: 1.20
ADS translator on

The main problems are that the movement is clunky, and is actually slower than movement with a thumbstick. I know BDO recently increased their thumbstick sensitivity, but I also know the movement as its intended on a controller has issues of its own. I'm not looking for the same mouse movement as on PC bdo, but something that atleast matches thumbstick, if not improves on it a little bit.

If anyone has their own better settings, a video I could reference to improve on these settings/come up with my own through trial and error, or other game configs that could work better, anything is appreciated.

btw, I am brand new to xim, and this is the first and only game I'll be using mine on. literally any advice at all would be awesome. I figured there would be more discussion on this game given its one of the most popular mmo's on pc, and the only relevant mmo on console.
« Last Edit: 09:19 AM - 09/17/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. Unfortunately BDO has one of the lowest performing look mechanics that I've worked on. The problem is a limited amount of possible movement that is notably less than some of the lower performing games that XIM does support due to community demand. Support for this game just wasn't possible because of this, some of the kinks you're experiencing can't be smoothed out due to choices the game developer made in the mechanic, basically holes in the look mechanic with strange acceleration choices that aren't typically seen with console games.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline hadok7

• View Profile
Thanks for the response.

I do know recently they implemented higher camera sensitivity, and y/x axis settings, doubled the FOV, etc. Essentially they changed their camera settings from what they originally had when they implemented the came on console to the settings more similar to the settings bdo has on pc. Is there any chance this could be looked at again?

There are acceleration issues that exist with a thumbstick too. But as a player you could still get a ton of utility from the xim if precise targeting with a mouse is possible.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Oh, I didn't know they revamped the mechanic. Aside from the YX changes and the turn speed changes, does movement feel different when using a controller compared to before? Yes this could be added to the queue again but there a few games ahead of it now.

Also, if I remember right, one of the problems may have been that initial movement was too fast when using the maximum in-game sensitivity. If you have the same problem you may find that lowering the in-game sensitivity helps with this.

Offline hadok7

• View Profile
Yeah it feels alot smoother and more precise with the reticle than before. When testing, hold R3 for two seconds and then back on the left thumb stick to max out FOV. This is the setting that everyone uses in game because its close to what pc uses

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for the FoV tip. I've added it to the planned support list.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=30363.0

Offline hadok7

• View Profile
Thanks for looking into it. I have clips I'd be happy to pm you of players using a xim with their own personal settings in game if it would help.

Also if you determine a ST isn't possible, but from your test you can determine an existing ST that would run smoothly, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Offline hadok7

• View Profile
Tried out some other STs also using Havoc Engine (Physics). Horizon Zero Dawn ST and Battlefield: Hardline ST both felt pretty good. Still getting mouse jitters (which could be because of my mouse settings), but definitely more snappy than using a thumbstick.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Good, that might be a positive sign too if BDO is performing better with the mechanic types used by these games.