XIM Community

[ACTIVE] cod MW - certain movement in the mouse causes a walking freeze.  (Read 41 times)

Offline Snake NZ grazZ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Snake NZ grazZ
Hey Community!   I need your help. 

I truly love the xim apex when it is working due to not being able to use a controller due to some nerve damage that wont allow me to use the thumbstick for aim.

I can sometimes play for an hour or two and it works ok, but certain movements make my mouse freeze while my guy walks in the way that I was facing.  This usually happens in an intense scenario or jumping off a building.  I have to unplug the xim apex, plug it back in for it to find my controller and reset.  If I wasnt killed it works again for a little while.  It does seem to happen more frequently after the first time it freezes, causing me to quit out of frustration.

I have searched the forum and only see a couple people talking about stutter in the mouse.  I have turned the mouse dpi down to 3000-3500 and the polling rate to 500 hz in the mouse and in the xim manager.

When it freezes, I still have the ability to use the controller.  The controller seems to override the walking drift that happens.

I have the activation delay at 224 ms.  I also tried it with a Deactivation Delay at 224 ms as well, still happens.  I changed my balistic curves to RML copy and paste settings.  I also changed the cords.

The lights sometimes flash purple when the freeze happens.  Please help if you can... Thank you!

Thank you
Snake NZ grazZ

Ps4 Pro
stock controller
venomx mouse
also tried G502 Hero mouse
« Last Edit: 09:03 AM - 09/17/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. The purple lights indicate a timing error that can affect translation. This could be caused by an attached device or cable. If swapping mice doesn't resolve the issue then testing other data cables with the controller is the next step.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Snake NZ grazZ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Snake NZ grazZ
Thank you for the response, I will try that!

Admin