Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Headset Help
« Reply #1 on: 04:11 AM - 09/16/20 »
Do they have to be wired?

I’ve used (and still own one pair of) wired ‘gaming’ heaphones but have found audiophile-grade headphones to have so much better sound quality for gaming. I use, and recommend, Audiotechnica’s ATH ADGX1 (or their AD700 if you can still find a pair) but there are some great reviews and plenty of good info on headsets in this thread (second time I’ve recommended an alanmcgregor thread this morning  ;) ).

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Tech Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:17 AM - 09/16/20 »
hey there :)

i've been using the logitec g533 wireless headphone for a while. knowing what i paid for it - i really can't complain. there's this german article that helped me chose my headphone https://www.technikhiwi.de/wireless-gaming-headset-test/ (don't worry abt the language, you can easily use google translator or deepl.com to help you understand the content).

hope it can help you find the setup according to your needs. best of luck!  ;)

Offline Trevor Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:14 AM - 09/30/20 »
Hey. Yes i can confirm that theLogitech G533 is pretty decent as well. You can really detect a lot already just by listening and it makes you really "feel" the game. I had no problems so far with these headphones

Offline ValkyrieR6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:36 PM - 10/26/20 »
The Logitec one is pretty good, since one of my friends uses it. Otherwise, I can suggest anything from Corsair.

I had bad experiences with (wired) Razer headsets in the past which suddenly just stopped working for some reason, but I guess that was bad luck.
You can start worrying about grenades now.