XIM Community

[Q/A] Logitech MX Ego  (Read 169 times)

Offline bwweigand

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: bwweigand
[Q/A] Logitech MX Ego
« on: 11:08 PM - 09/13/20 »
...ok so i love the idea of the zim xpex 4...but i just got it and i hate it. I loaded up boarderlands 3 and got the config....it was amazing.

Until when i tried to move the mouse (left, right, up and down) and it barely moved...i mean barely...so it said to change the hz on the zim to match the mouse...well in logitech option (https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/options) i cant find a place to increase the hz...so then i searched again and found i need to set my zim to 500 hz and this would fix the problem....nope still didnt work to set the hz in the global setting. Well i am going to give them forum 48 hours for the DETAILED step by step instruction on how to make this work on all game, before i pack this back up and return it.
« Last Edit: 10:26 AM - 09/14/20 by OBsIV »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Logitech MX Ego
« Reply #1 on: 11:27 PM - 09/13/20 »
You appear to be using a low DPI trackball instead of a mouse, which is the cause of your problem. By default the trackball is set to 380 DPI, which is way too low for XIM gaming.

Increase DPI to maximum in the Logitech app (around 2000 DPI), as well as your in-game sensitivity in Borderlands 3. Adjust XIM APEX Sensitivity to suit, it will likely be in the hundreds at 2000 or less DPI. Setting Sync to Slow may help too.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline bwweigand

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Logitech MX Ego
« Reply #2 on: 02:09 PM - 09/14/20 »
First, thank you so much for responding so quickly to me, but unfortunately it wasnt a huge help to me. i know what the problem is...that i have to match the dpi with the xim apex. The software that comes with the Logitech mouse doesn't have a place that i can change the dpi output.
I have linked the software that came with the mouse, if you know of a way to change the dpi on a logitech mx ergo please let me know......there is a button for the flow speed....please let me know.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:37 AM - 09/15/20 »
If you having issues with your response rate and matching to your mouse, you should set your XIM's response rate to 125Hz. Concerning DPI, the Logitech site says you can go up to "maximal" value of 2048 DPI and it says "nominal" is 380 DPI. I'm not sure what this means, but, as this isn't a gaming device, it won't have on-board memory so likely when you set a different DPI it's the PC driver that is storing that, not the device itself. So, when you plug it into your XIM, it'll reset back to it's default value.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:08 PM - 09/15/20 »
If the trackball can only run at 380 DPI, a steep Ballistics Curve can also be used as a Sensitivity multiplier.

This is what I'd do -

1. Enable "Expert configuration mode" in XIM APEX Manager app on iOS or Android. Tap the three dots at top right, select Global Settings, then tick the box for Expert configuration.

2. Set XIM APEX Response Rate to 125Hz in Global Settings.

3. In your XIM APEX game config, select Slow in Synchronize on the HIP and ADS pages.

4. In your XIM APEX game config, set HIP & ADS Sensitivity to 500.

5. In your XIM APEX game config, open the Ballistics Curve setting in HIP & ADS and drag the end point (value 100) left along the top axis. You can see a similar curve on the right below. Keep moving the end point to the left until you find your preferred sensitivity.

In the end, this is not a XIM issue - you're using a low-DPI device that isn't designed for gaming. You'll have a far better experience with a gaming mouse that uses a high-DPI optical sensor. Check https://rocketjumpninja.com for a comprehensive list and reviews of recent gaming mice.
« Last Edit: 06:30 PM - 09/15/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 03:11 PM - 09/15/20 »
What antithesis is saying is the best you'll be able to do. (Really nice writeup antithesis.)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline bwweigand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:29 AM - 09/16/20 »
If the trackball can only run at 380 DPI, a steep Ballistics Curve can also be used as a Sensitivity multiplier.

This is what I'd do -

1. Enable "Expert configuration mode" in XIM APEX Manager app on iOS or Android. Tap the three dots at top right, select Global Settings, then tick the box for Expert configuration.

2. Set XIM APEX Response Rate to 125Hz in Global Settings.
i ahve entered this about 5 times and it still say 500 hz on my screen

3. In your XIM APEX game config, select Slow in Synchronize on the HIP and ADS pages.

4. In your XIM APEX game config, set HIP & ADS Sensitivity to 500.
this doesnt make anysince

5. In your XIM APEX game config, open the Ballistics Curve setting in HIP & ADS and drag the end point (value 100) left along the top axis. You can see a similar curve on the right below. Keep moving the end point to the left until you find your preferred sensitivity.

this i have entered it about 5 times and it never saves....

In the end, this is not a XIM issue - you're using a low-DPI device that isn't designed for gaming. You'll have a far better experience with a gaming mouse that uses a high-DPI optical sensor. Check https://rocketjumpninja.com for a comprehensive list and reviews of recent gaming mice.

Offline bwweigand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:34 PM - 09/16/20 »
so guys i figured it out...after about hour of playing around...and tinkering with the "apex xim code" it wasnt that difficult to figure out.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in the future give out good solid advice (then just buy a new mouse, this is VERY VERY UNHELPFUL) that will help this product grow and not give out bad advice that will make people return this product.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+set+dpi+in+xpex+zim&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS894US894&oq=how+to+set+dpi+in+xpex+zim+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.7886j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_7-NiX96YEd-80PEPvt-R2Aw34

Please please educate yourself on this product if you are considered a "MVP"

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 01:40 AM - 09/17/20 »
You're welcome for the bad advice ??? As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Feel free to help yourself next time ;)
« Last Edit: 06:36 AM - 09/17/20 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #9 on: 03:08 AM - 09/17/20 »
If OP spent as much energy learning to use his XIM as he has in learning how to create tickers in BB code, he'd probably have fixed the issue himself!

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!