XIM Community

Smoothing, boosting, etc  (Read 311 times)

Offline HeavyBarrel

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Awakened Void
Smoothing, boosting, etc
« on: 10:09 AM - 09/13/20 »
Is there anywhere I can read descriptions of all the different options and what they mean or do while configuring your xim? Like smoothing and boosting. Thank you !

Offline Furious301

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LifuriousiL
Re: Smoothing, boosting, etc
« Reply #1 on: 03:59 AM - 09/14/20 »
Go on the official YouTube channel (XIMGameplay). Everything about the xim is explained there

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:00 PM - 09/14/20 »
Just a minor correction, the XIMGameplay channel is not an official XIM channel. I should make maybe that more obvious by creating a new banner for the channel at one point :).
But yeah you can find explanations on most XIM advanced settings on my channel!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Furious301

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LifuriousiL
« Reply #3 on: 01:07 AM - 09/15/20 »
My bad. Itís so well made that I just assumed it was the official channel.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:40 AM - 09/16/20 »
My bad. Itís so well made that I just assumed it was the official channel.

Thanks for the flowers haha, happy to hear that you like the production quality! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
« Reply #5 on: 12:54 AM - 09/16/20 »
So each sync odin is synced to frames of the game?? Antithesis said think of syncs like a smoothing knob...well more i think about it then people said on xim4 they could even use 800 dpi an not have any jitter....makes me wonder was xim4 basically 125hz then default sync. Are all these syncs basically off sync with just preset amount of smoothing??? So everyone saying they hate off sync and smoothing are they basically using that with sync an just dont know it?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:09 AM - 09/16/20 »
So each sync odin is synced to frames of the game?? Antithesis said think of syncs like a smoothing knob...well more i think about it then people said on xim4 they could even use 800 dpi an not have any jitter....makes me wonder was xim4 basically 125hz then default sync. Are all these syncs basically off sync with just preset amount of smoothing??? So everyone saying they hate off sync and smoothing are they basically using that with sync an just dont know it?

Yes you can see it like that. In regard to your XIM4 example the low polling rate of 125hz helped a lot too, with 1000hz its difficult to handle "empty" inputs and that can result in stutter. When you use sync off and move your mouse as slow as possible to the side you will notice that problem, the ingame crosshair will skip/jump to the side.

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:14 AM - 09/16/20 »

Yes you can see it like that. In regard to your XIM4 example the low polling rate of 125hz helped a lot too, with 1000hz its difficult to handle "empty" inputs and that can result in stutter. When you use sync off and move your mouse as slow as possible to the side you will notice that problem, the ingame crosshair will skip/jump to the side.

Ya thats true as i finished typing that i realized 125hz would make your sensitivity drop alot an would be better as far as that. But idk im dense i guess i find it odd the device somehow can sync to the fps so made me think are these all off sync just preset smoothing amounts an default having the least

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:22 AM - 09/16/20 »
That is something you need to ask Obsiv since its his decision to share that information ;). Sync is a pretty complex topic and it took quite some tests to get it where it is right now.

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:27 AM - 09/16/20 »
That is something you need to ask Obsiv since its his decision to share that information ;). Sync is a pretty complex topic and it took quite some tests to get it where it is right now.

Ya Would be nice to know but id assume if he hasnt told people that info by now he doesnt plan on it which is fair enough i guess. I just enjoy understanding it. Ya it probably is complicated which makes me even more interested lol