XIM Community

[ACTIVE] xim turns on when plugged in - doesnt power anything plugged in  (Read 193 times)

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NME_hounds
Hey, i recently bought the xim. when i plug it into my ps4 it turns on like normal but when the hub is plugged into it the xim doesnt give any power to the hub. i thought maybe it could be the hub so i ordered another hub off amazon and its not giving any power to that.

not sure what to do as in there is no return policy for the xim where i bought it. its broken. im so upset!
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 09/11/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Hey and welcome to the forum,

when you connect your console controller directly to the XIM (no hub), does the XIM power the controller then?
Also where exactly did you buy your XIM from?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
Yes, weirdly enough when i plug my controller into my xim without the hub it turns on.  same if i just plug my mouse into the xim without the hub. but it doesnt power on my keyboard when i try plugging it into the xim without the hub.

sadly i bought the xim through a friend. it looked like it was in perfect condition too.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
This is good news!

When you connect your full setup to the XIM and the error occurs, what kind of light sequence does the XIM show?
Also what kind of keyboard are you using and can you try a different one just to see if the same error occurs? Any basic desktop keyboard would do it for the test.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
when i plug it in the colour sequence is: red - green blue - blinks to black once and then goes to red.

I just purchased a ducky mini keyboard and its the only one i have at the moment.

i judt dont understand why it gives power to my mouse and my controller seperately but when i plug the hub into it, it doesnt give power, same with the keyboard

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
If the total powerdraw from the single console USB port is exceeded by your setup the XIM will either completely shut down, or turn off selected devices to prevent damage. Usually this is indicated by a yellow blinking on the XIM then.
I dont think your ducky mini isnt very power hungry though since it doesnt even use backlight keys or other LEDs. Can you verify that your controller is fully charged? Your XIM cannot charge your controller, it will only make sure it doesnt further discharge. A controller in charging mode can request enough electricity to cause that problem. Directly connect it to the running console for a few hours (so without the XIM) and try it again then.

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
i made sure my controller was fully charged but it didnt have anything to do with it really because regardless it doesnt power on the hub.

so it powers the mouse when plugged directly into it and the controller. but doesnt power the hub nor the keyboard by itself.  :'(

but to be clear the xim never shuts down or never stops glowing red.

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
so theres resolving this issue?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
When you say it's not powering the hub, do you mean you aren't seeing the white light on the hub? And, for the other hub you bought, same thing -- no power light is showing on the hub?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
yes exactly no white light.  so anything plugged into the hub doesnt get any power.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
To be clear, if you plug your mouse or keyboard directly into your XIM APEX, do you they get power and do you see their icons at the top of Manager?

Offline NME_hounds

• View Profile
the mouse will turn on, i dont get the icon. but the keyboard doesnt turn on at all.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Please plug your controller directly into your XIM (don't connect the hub). When you connect to your console do you see the normal green blinking initialization lights on your XIM at startup and does your controller work?