XIM Community

Multiple keys to access a sub config.  (Read 126 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
Multiple keys to access a sub config.
« on: 06:25 AM - 09/10/20 »
I am sure I have suggested or asked if this is possible before, but maybe it wasn't in the right place.

When we use a sub config, Aux1 for example, we can assign 4 different keys to disable the aux config.

Why can't we have the option to have a few optional keys to enter a single config such as Aux1

For any game that uses a rose selection  I always set up a sub config because it gives more control than just using turn assist or running out of mouse mat when I have to swipe the mouse a mile to activate the options.

As an example in overwatch there are rose menu's for comms and for sprays, which by default use the UP and Down D-Pad buttons,   I have two completely separate sub configs which are both set up exactly the same simply because I can only set up a single key to activate a sub config.
If we had the option of assigning extra keys to activate I could set up so my keys assigned to UP and DOWN D-Pad could both activate the same sub config , this would free up a sub config for other uses.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Multiple keys to access a sub config.
« Reply #1 on: 10:40 AM - 09/10/20 »
Thanks for the feedback. Having multiple disable keys was a necessity to enable simulated ADS toggle, but, I can see the the need for multiple keys to enable. For now, are you able to just duplicate the sub-Config?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 02:02 PM - 09/10/20 »
Good idea. I can see how using the same AUX but different Activation keys would also work in Apex Legends, The Division and other games with multiple wheel menus.
« Last Edit: 05:05 AM - 09/11/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:05 PM - 09/10/20 »
Currently I duplicate a sub config so in my example for overwatch, my DPad down key opens Aux1 and DPad up opens Aux2,
As I said they are both exactly the same settings,   but in games like Apex there are rose menu's for so many things in which I would use the exact same settings, it would be much easier if I could have multiple keys to call a single config.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:01 PM - 09/10/20 »
Thats a big one on my list too. Reason is that it would allow to double-, triple- or even quad-bind specific keys. All activation keys could be double/tripe bound in the sub config without having the need to use one sub config per activation key anymore. I dont think i would have a need for more than 4 activation buttons per sub config though, so the interface of the deactivation keys could be reused for that.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay