XIM Community

HORI TAC Pro M2  (Read 175 times)

Offline Heleno

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Heleno-US
HORI TAC Pro M2
« on: 10:44 AM - 09/09/20 »
Hi.
i'm using the HORI TAC Pro M2 for about a month, playing Overwatch mostly.
It is a decent hardware, but it does not come with an Overwatch profile.
I know this is a XIM forum, but this is the only reliable place where i can discuss M&K for ps4 without being called a cheater.
I'd like to hear your opinion on Overwatch PS4 configurations for the Hori M2.
have any of you used already? is there any golden hint i should be aware? all help will be appreciated!
If none of you use it, i'd welcome your XIM configurations, maybe i can replicate it?
Thanks in advance and good gaming for all of us.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: HORI TAC Pro M2
« Reply #1 on: 11:59 AM - 09/09/20 »
Welcome to the community. We don't know much about the Hori M2, however, as an officially licensed PlayStation product, I'm surprised anyone would accuse you of cheating. Sony is clearly fine with adapters of this nature (like XIM) on their consoles.

The technology behind XIM is very different than Hori (and others) so there won't be any transferrable settings/advice from XIM to other products like Hori.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:06 AM - 09/10/20 »
Without wanting to come across as flippant or ignorant - just get a XIM. You said it yourself, there's a lack of support around for the HORI mouse, plus the translators are generally inferior to those of the XIM Apex. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

Offline Heleno

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Heleno-US
« Reply #3 on: 03:16 PM - 09/11/20 »
Without wanting to come across as flippant or ignorant - just get a XIM. You said it yourself, there's a lack of support around for the HORI mouse, plus the translators are generally inferior to those of the XIM Apex. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

you're quite right.
The issue is:
I don't have a keyboard. i tried looking for a one hand keyboard, and most of them cost more than the Hori adaptor itself. the issue with te keyboard is that i don't have a big table, if i use a long keyboard, i won't be able to fit my mousepad and mouse together. you see: i'm playing sitting on the sofa... it is not the ideal scenario, it is rather poor, actually.
i'll think about the XIM Apex, but i'll wait further... the HORI already is inda better than the joystick, and i think that i'm facing software limitations that i should be able to come around, i believe that neither XIM nor Hori adaptors will make the mouse work as perfectly as it would work on pc. but thanks you guys for your replies!
cheers!

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:30 AM - 09/12/20 »

you're quite right.
The issue is:
I don't have a keyboard. i tried looking for a one hand keyboard, and most of them cost more than the Hori adaptor itself. the issue with te keyboard is that i don't have a big table, if i use a long keyboard, i won't be able to fit my mousepad and mouse together. you see: i'm playing sitting on the sofa... it is not the ideal scenario, it is rather poor, actually.
i'll think about the XIM Apex, but i'll wait further... the HORI already is inda better than the joystick, and i think that i'm facing software limitations that i should be able to come around, i believe that neither XIM nor Hori adaptors will make the mouse work as perfectly as it would work on pc. but thanks you guys for your replies!
cheers!

It won't ever be exactly like PC. I don't use a keyboard either, just a mouse and a sony navi / PS move controller
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?