XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim Apex Controller issue  (Read 141 times)

Offline YoungStoner69

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iYoungStoner
[RESOLVED] Xim Apex Controller issue
« on: 12:39 PM - 09/01/20 »
Hello, i ran in to a little problem, my xim apex shows my ps4 controller like wireless controller and the icon is the same as xim apex apps.
Its all plugged in th right order, software up to date.

Ps4 pro CUH-7216b
And it doesnt show communication method.
« Last Edit: 10:18 AM - 09/16/20 by OBsIV »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex Controller issue
« Reply #1 on: 05:11 PM - 09/01/20 »
Is everything otherwise working? Because gen 1 controllers don't offer the USB communication method by the console I don't think it will show them as connected by USB.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline YoungStoner69

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex Controller issue
« Reply #2 on: 01:09 AM - 09/02/20 »
I purchased brand new official gen 2 controller and it the same story. The mouse and keyboard is doing nothing cant move or shoot, and at the bottom of the app where  ot is showing what key you press on keyboard, its just a blavk circle with a green C in the middle.
« Last Edit: 02:18 AM - 09/02/20 by YoungStoner69 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:54 AM - 09/02/20 »
Oh a gen 2 controller isn't required, I only asked if everything was working because the results you shared sounded normal and there wasn't mention of another issue. If using the gen 2 controller going forward it does require the USB communication method.

That's odd, which keyboard are you using? Sometimes it can help to swap port positions. Note that APEX must.be restarted if the controller is disconnected.

We can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. Please remove APEX and then disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Reconnect APEX to the console with only the controller connected to the hub while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller. If it does show four green lights then attach the mouse only, test and share results.

Offline YoungStoner69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:37 PM - 09/02/20 »
Im using Yoogoo one hand gaming keyboard ( been using ot for ages)
The cables im using worked fine with xbox one x and my old ps4 pro.
On startup xim does the rainbow sequence and than It flashes white  3 times instead of green and than goes red.
Just ordered new cable, when it arrives will post the outcome.
Thank you for support

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:39 PM - 09/02/20 »
To confirm, you're using a PS4 Pro controller with a PS4, not another console?

On startup xim does the rainbow sequence and than It flashes white  3 times instead of green and than goes red.
Just ordered new cable, when it arrives will post the outcome.
Thank you for support

This was with only the controller? The steps isolate the controller to remove the possibility of a conflicting device.

White lights flash when connecting to Manager so this may not be anything related. If all that has changed is time you may just need to charge the controller directly with the console. XIM and hub need to be disconnected while charging.

Hopefully the direct charge or cable swap help the controller to initialize with APEX.

Offline YoungStoner69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:08 PM - 09/15/20 »
After testing 6 controllers, 10 cables, reseting xima and ps4 to factory settings had no luck what so ever, so my solution was, bought a new ps4 pro😁 and it works fine now 😁😁😁

Admin