XIM Community

[ACTIVE] I think my xim apex is broken  (Read 208 times)

Offline Linox93

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Linox93
[ACTIVE] I think my xim apex is broken
« on: 07:45 AM - 08/18/20 »
hey , i got that Problem my xim os turning All time off every time i can play absolut 5-30 min and than sometimes it turn off. I was testing 3 power hubs, was testing only controller with mouse, was testing putting hub into the xim self, I testing every thing I was read on the forum.  Now the German forum did say they think my xim self is the problem that it's broken or something course I was try everything. I changed all cables 5 times and still it brings nothing I hope some one her can help me.   

The problem is on the manager sometime it's the keyboard that turns off sometime it's just the controller and sometimes it's all that turns off, it have enough power I resting,, 3 power hubs.

My controller is a regular Xbox one x controller
My mouse is a roccat tycon black
And the keyboard is a lamia from media market

I hope someone can help me
« Last Edit: 09:49 AM - 08/18/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I thinn my xim apex is broken
« Reply #1 on: 09:47 AM - 08/18/20 »
Welcome to the community. Could you please try these steps? I will tell us if APEX is stable on it's own or an attached device is conflicting.

Reconnect APEX to the console with only the controller attached (Hub and peripherals are disconnected)
Wait a period of time long enough for the issue to have occurred normally
If it's stable then repeat the test with controller+hub
If stable after a period of time leave it connected this way but add the mouse to port 1
If stable for a period of time add the keyboard next

If it fails, which step does it fail at?

In the meantime, testing other controller cables is a common fix for stability issues. If you have spare cables it may be worth testing.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Linox93

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] I think my xim apex is broken
« Reply #2 on: 12:48 PM - 08/19/20 »
So now i test it like you say just every one in hub and than toghter it just turns off if all 3 are in than the controller and the keybord turn off

Offline Linox93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:52 PM - 08/19/20 »
And if I plug in my controller it not turn on and then my mouse and keyboard turn off,  but I have my power hub in the xim hub and so the can be no problem with the power, it's 5v 3a like they say

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:53 PM - 08/19/20 »
One possibility to consider is that Xbox One controller port's aren't very robust. They port can eventually wear away both itself and the cables attached to it. For example, I've had four X1 controllers this gen because of port wear and have only one DS4. It may help to test another controller.

On your last point, the controller can't be hot-swapped so that behavior sounds normal. If the controller disconnects after it's been initialized then APEX will need to be restarted to work properly.

Do you have the analog directions disabled in your config? If your mouse has the fin button that Roccat usually has it normally prevents button presses unless the analog portion of the device is not used.

Offline Linox93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:07 AM - 08/20/20 »
So i try it with a other controller ,but i just got wireless Controllers her still turning off . I change the Controller cable now like 3-4 Times still not work . And the analog think you talked about i dont know wehre i can disable it .

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:20 AM - 08/20/20 »
With expert mode enable in menu-global settings open the config that you plan to use. Scroll to the Analog section at the bottom of the config on the Hip page. Change the analog stick axis assignments to none then save the config. This is necessary for most Roccat mice so I'm hoping that it helps in this case too.

Offline Linox93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:41 PM - 08/22/20 »
I will try it

Admin