XIM Community

Hunt showdown  (Read 737 times)

Offline Nunkey

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunkey
Hunt showdown
« on: 10:01 AM - 08/15/20 »
I just wanted to share my ballistic curve. It is tuned to my taste so some tweaking may be required for your tastes. I'm on Xbox btw but the following should still apply.

It's by no means perfect, yet. In short I use a high turn assist and aggressive curve to counter the acceleration for a high turn speed but a (more) linear feel with none of the jitter you get from turning up the in-game X/y sensitivity.

Day z st.
Default synchro.
X/y to your choice but keep the game X/y the same. I use 0.9 in xim settings (Tldr below)
In-game turn assist is set to 200. (enables high max turn speed)
Reduce hip/shoulder/ads until micro aim jitter is gone.
My boost is 1700. Found by following a xim vid on YouTube about making your own st's. 

Copy in the following curve to aim ballistic curve. A shallower curve to hip might be more desirable.

My new BL3.st curve for hunt.
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAACcQTiB1MJxAw1DqYRFxOIFfkYahrbnUwdYR12HYwdoR22Hcsd4R32HgseIB41HkseYB51HooeoB61Hsoe3x71HwofHx80H0kfXx90H4kfnh+0H8mf3iBYINIhSyHFoj8kqCcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Next head to training and tweak your xim sensitivities ( don't forget to do the scopes bit too)

I'm still working on the curve to get it even better. I'd like to try other curves if anyone cares to share.

X/y tldr: I found that if I used a lower y setting in the game menu it seemed like it's fine until you hit the start of the turn assist acceleration. At which point you get a massive jump in acceleration. It's like to X/y setting only adjusts the low speed movement.

Edit: spelling and turn strength value should of been 200 not 20. Removed my settings as  BL3 st is better than dayz on xb, thanks chewie1978.
« Last Edit: 06:43 AM - 08/17/20 by Nunkey »

Offline Chewie1978

• View Profile
Re: Hunt showdown
« Reply #1 on: 09:16 AM - 08/16/20 »
I do not understand why anyone would use this DayZ st for the xbox. It has horrible deadzones for this game, hence why all the settings you have used on your Xim along with in game. More work that its worth. You hvae not even stated you refresh rate on your xim.

My suggestion would to use the Borderlands ST. You may need a curve to compensate, but no need to change your x/y ratio on Xim, as lowering the game y ratio in game does this for you.

Overall there is no perfect way whatever you try with any ST. A FPS capped at 30fps is horrible. Hip and shoulder aim can be achieved, but ADS is horrible.

It will be interesting to see if a ST can be developed if the XSX will be utilised to its full potential for Hunt. Frames per second are the key here, and an increase will help the aiming mechanics a lot more.

Offline Nunkey

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunkey
« Reply #2 on: 06:07 AM - 08/17/20 »
Thanks for the better st and suggestions. I still feel like the in-game xy is a bit iffy. Quick short up down movements still seem to have me looking at the sky or my feet when compared to xim X/y tweaks. The main thing I want is a linear feeling to the look mechanic.

The BL3 st is nice so thanks for that, no more boost required. I'm on 500hz as my mouse can't consistently put out 1000. DPI around 3500 I think. I set it up ages ago following what I read and saw on YouTube from the guides.
« Last Edit: 06:13 AM - 08/17/20 by Nunkey »

Offline ohotdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:04 PM - 10/14/20 »
I see you crossed out a bunch of steps after switching to the BL3 ST. Are you still using the in-game turn acceleration to get around the jittering? I was messing around with this tonight and couldn't get it to feel right. It does seem like your original statement of low in-game x and y gets rid of the stuttering/jittering and then using the acceleration/a strong ballistic curve is the way to go with this. My issue is with the ballistic curve it seems. It just feels wonky. I can aim really precisely at low speeds and turn really quickly, but everything in-between feels awful lol. Sorry if I'm missing something here, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

Admin