XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim apex device disconnected (hub)  (Read 274 times)

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Xim apex device disconnected (hub)
« on: 01:46 AM - 08/15/20 »
Ever time  it's disconnecting all devices some times it's disconnecting in 10s sometimes in 1-5m I'm very sad I buyed it for 135  I tryied everything so pls don't tell me to do this or this.... I buyed it on Amazon now I buyed a ac hope it will fix it or is it the hub everything is active only the controller keyboard and mouse goes off, the xim apex and hub are still active
« Last Edit: 09:29 AM - 08/24/20 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim apex device disconnected (hub)
« Reply #1 on: 09:18 AM - 08/15/20 »
Welcome to the community. Sorry to heard you are having issues. Can you please verify your hub is fully functional by plugging it directly into your computer and try your mouse and keyboard out in ever port? What console are you on?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:15 PM - 08/15/20 »
If you want I can test it on pc but later

So if I plug it into the console (Xbox) it works all fine but after 1-15s it's shutdown all devices while the xim apex is still active the color is just like the config and if it's shutdown all devices its still have the same color soo what do you think is my problem so do I have power issues or what?
Do I need a power supply?

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:29 PM - 08/15/20 »
The last thing I want to tell is if the power supply doesn't work the xim apex is defected than I want a refund I buyed it on Amazon

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:00 AM - 08/16/20 »
I looked into some post and I don't have any signal that I have a power problem it's showing only red like the config even if it's shut down every device it's dont show anything
So my question is do I have a power issue or do I have a problem with my xim or hub fast answer pls thx

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 10:35 AM - 08/16/20 »
Thanks for these additional troubleshooting steps you did and reported. It would help a lot if you could plug your controller directly into your XIM APEX (without going through the hub) and plug your XIM APEX into your console and tell us when you do that if your controller turns on normally and you get the green flashing initialization lights shown on your XIM. If not, if you press the Guide button on your controller, do you see the green lights then?

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:15 AM - 08/16/20 »
Yeah it shows the green signal of the controller if he  goes on, if I plug in all my devices the xim will randomly shutdown all devices but it don't give any singal don't flash or showing anything in the xim app. It's only deactivating kb/m and controller is this a power problem or a defective xim/hub?

Edit I read in the other post that it need to flash red yellow that's a power issue so mined its not a power issue or what?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11:47 AM - 08/16/20 »
Yes, it could be an issue with the hub. Once you are able to plug your hub into your computer and test your mouse and keyboard through it (try them in each port on the hub) then let us know.

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:57 AM - 08/16/20 »
Every port on the hub works Like I said everything works but it's the xim apex and hub (who still active) deactivating all devices without any signal like flashing from the xim apex or manager is this a power issue or defective xim apex

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:54 PM - 08/16/20 »
I think nobody has my problem it's 100% the xim apex cuz I don't think I have power issues my mouse is the benq za 13 and keyboard is the orios wired looking keyboard xD
But rly I need to change the xim apex to a new one might be a defective one

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 02:05 PM - 08/16/20 »
I haven't heard anything so far that make me believe for sure your XIM is defective since you said your hub is good and if you plug in your controller directly into your XIM (no hub) then you see the green initialization lights. Also if you plug your mouse and also your keyboard directly into your XIM (no hub) you see the icons show up in Manager. That means all your ports are working. If there was a power issue you'd see your XIM flash red and yellow lights if too much power was going drawn from it. If you still feel like there is something wrong, you can return to your seller on Amazon.

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:58 PM - 08/16/20 »
If it's disconnecting the xim apex showing device communications failure that's the only hint I get

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:14 AM - 08/17/20 »
But my phone can connect with the xim apex it's only showing up if the xim disconnecting
All devices idn why this happens randomly from 5s-15m that's rly stupid
If the power supply doesn't help I need to refund the xim and buy a new one
My problems sounds like a power problem cuz evertime I try to reconnect the xim it's reduced the time
« Last Edit: 12:29 AM - 08/17/20 by Ziggeding »

Offline Ziggeding

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:00 AM - 08/17/20 »
One important thing I want to tell is I have a xim4 too and everything works fine but xim apex doesn't

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 10:45 AM - 08/17/20 »
One important thing I want to tell is I have a xim4 too and everything works fine but xim apex doesn't

Ok, so this exact setup (devices, cables) work with your XIM4 without issue, but, not with your XIM APEX, correct? Everything works with your XIM APEX at startup, but, things will disconnect/fail soon after, is that right? If you think it's a power issue, then, you can start with connecting only your controller and mouse (no keyboard) and see if everything works.