XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 117265 times)

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #315 on: 05:45 PM - 05/12/22 »
I check back every few weeks to see if any progress has been made getting the Xim to work on PS5.  Coming close to 2 years since launch and still do not see any promising leads.  I had so much fun being able to play shooters, I havenít played my favorite genre since Blackout ended a few years back and I miss it.  Iíve tried using sticks but Iím just straight trash using sticks to aim really no point even playing the games. 

Just wish all shooters on console would support m/k native.

The Xim gave me some amazing times on the 4 Pro in Blackout, thanks for the fantastic device!

Going forward thoughÖ Is there any use of keeping an Apex if all I have is a 5?  I have not seen a single piece of info that states the Xim might be functional on the 5 by itself(no beloader, remote play, hooking PCs, etc)?  If itís just a matter of using a different manufacturer dual sense that would be awesome, but Iíve not heard mention of that either.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #316 on: 07:43 PM - 05/12/22 »
Remote Play remains the best and only option for PS5 games.

XIM 4 & APEX work with PS Remote Play app on PC, Mac & PS4, as well as Beloader and PSRC. It's inconvenient to add another device to the chain, but there isn't a viable alternative yet as the DualSense remains locked down.

Third-party controllers have only been announced so far for driving and fighting games, which are likely to use the existing PS4 specialty controller connection protocol. Driving and fighting games will be whitelisted to use those controllers, but shooters (and all other games) will still be limited to a DualSense.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline preston47s

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 09:05 PM - 05/12/22 »
I check back every few weeks to see if any progress has been made getting the Xim to work on PS5.  Coming close to 2 years since launch and still do not see any promising leads.  I had so much fun being able to play shooters, I havenít played my favorite genre since Blackout ended a few years back and I miss it.  Iíve tried using sticks but Iím just straight trash using sticks to aim really no point even playing the games. 

The Xim gave me some amazing times on the 4 Pro in Blackout, thanks for the fantastic device!

Going forward thoughÖ Is there any use of keeping an Apex if all I have is a 5?  I have not seen a single piece of info that states the Xim might be functional on the 5 by itself(no beloader, remote play, hooking PCs, etc)?  If itís just a matter of using a different manufacturer dual sense that would be awesome, but Iíve not heard mention of that either.

If you really miss playing with m/kb that much wouldn't you be owning a Beloader or trying out PSRC by now? I know I can't wait for who knows when that time will come
Setup: Xim Apex ─► Pi 3 with PSRC
Controllers: SplitFish FragChuck + Razer Naga Trinity

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #318 on: 01:48 PM - 05/15/22 »

If you really miss playing with m/kb that much wouldn't you be owning a Beloader or trying out PSRC by now? I know I can't wait for who knows when that time will come

Extra lag/input latency.  If Iím understanding it correctly beloader is using remote play, correct?

Offline HiredGunSG

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 05:41 PM - 05/24/22 »
Am I missing something? I play with my Xim Apex and Xim Nexus on my PS5 all the time.  What are people trying to do that it won't work? And yes, I'm using a third party controller and it just works in all my games.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #320 on: 07:44 PM - 05/24/22 »
Am I missing something? I play with my Xim Apex and Xim Nexus on my PS5 all the time.  What are people trying to do that it won't work? And yes, I'm using a third party controller and it just works in all my games.

You must be playing PS4 version games or playing one of the few games that still allow the 3rd party controller work around

Offline LoGi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ja
« Reply #321 on: 01:34 AM - 05/30/22 »

Third-party controllers have only been announced so far for driving and fighting games, which are likely to use the existing PS4 specialty controller connection protocol. Driving and fighting games will be whitelisted to use those controllers, but shooters (and all other games) will still be limited to a DualSense.

Does that mean this controller is hopeless too?  :-\ https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/

On the back it has a switch button to choose for ps5 ps4 and pc that makes me curious.

Offline Jonathands

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 12:59 PM - 05/30/22 »

Does that mean this controller is hopeless too?  :-\ https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/

On the back it has a switch button to choose for ps5 ps4 and pc that makes me curious.

It's a fighting game controller. Fighting games on PS5 does not require a Dualsense, so this controller will work.

Offline Jonathands

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 01:34 PM - 05/30/22 »
The use of third-party controllers for PS5 version games is not only in fighting games or race games (it's not the rule), but also in games that the developer chooses to not limit Dualsense. An example is the RB6 siege, when it came out in the PS5 version of the RB6, third-party controls worked for a few months, including in a response from a Ubisoft developer on reddit, he mentioned that he didn't limit it because it would impact many disabled people who couldn't use DualSense. However, in September 2021, Ubisoft made a decision to limit the RB6 Dualsense, and I remember that it was a simple update, there was no new mechanism added that justified the block. This means that it is up to the developer whether or not to limit the use of Dualsense.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 02:11 PM - 05/30/22 »
However, in September 2021, Ubisoft made a decision to limit the RB6 Dualsense, and I remember that it was a simple update, there was no new mechanism added that justified the block. This means that it is up to the developer whether or not to limit the use of Dualsense.

I dont think its the developers choice anymore. It used to be like that but since the time you mentioned ALL shooter games that previously worked with these controllers have removed their compatibility and are now only accepting the DualSense.
Its unlikely that they all came to the same conclusion, instead i suspect that Sony has requested to remove these controllers from working in those games.
Also since then no newly released PS5 Shooter has allowed to use any controller outside of the DualSense anymore.

The only games that still work with those controllers are games which can be played with non-controller devices such as fighting sticks. And most of them are licensed devices.
Shooters are not meant to be played with those and thus there was no need to still offer this workaround to PS5 games.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #325 on: 02:24 PM - 05/30/22 »
instead i suspect that Sony has requested to remove these controllers from working in those games.

I'd say more likely required.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #326 on: 05:59 PM - 05/30/22 »
The use of third-party controllers for PS5 version games is not only in fighting games or race games (it's not the rule), but also in games that the developer chooses to not limit Dualsense. An example is the RB6 siege, when it came out in the PS5 version of the RB6, third-party controls worked for a few months, including in a response from a Ubisoft developer on reddit, he mentioned that he didn't limit it because it would impact many disabled people who couldn't use DualSense. However, in September 2021, Ubisoft made a decision to limit the RB6 Dualsense, and I remember that it was a simple update, there was no new mechanism added that justified the block. This means that it is up to the developer whether or not to limit the use of Dualsense.
It's not the developer who gets to choose whether DualSense is used or not. It's a Sony directive. There was an amnesty for the first year after launch for cross-generation and launch games to support PS4 specialty controllers. That amnesty was lifted and now all PS5 games (except some games in the fighting & driving genres that have Sony licenced specialty controllers) MUST use the DualSense. September 2021 is a just shy of a year after the launch of PS5. DualSense support was a requirement for RS6 if they wanted to provide a PS5 version of the game.

As I've said previously, this has nothing to do with blocking third-party devices like XIM. It's all about saving potentially billions of dollars by not supporting controller rumble in PS5 games. Instead, those games must support DualSense haptics. That's why Sony blocks the DualShock 4 in PS5 games, which caused collateral damage to every device that uses the DS4 connection protocol.

Sony has paid Immersion to licence rumble on DualShock controllers since the days of PS One and they were never happy about the deal. Creating their own haptics system on DualSense means making a clean break from the past and ensuring they can't be sued by Immersion by continuing to allow rumble to work in new PS5 games. It's DualSense haptics or you don't get to release a PS5 game. Unless that game uses a supported PS4 specialty controller, which Sony limits access to via specific licenced controllers that have no Immersion rumble on-board.
« Last Edit: 06:07 PM - 05/30/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
« Reply #327 on: 03:00 AM - 06/25/22 »
So, in shot story of this mean Sony need to make money from DS5 license.
Platforms: PS5
XIM APEX + Pi4 PSRC
Mouse: G502 LightSpeed
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Wooting2 Lekker Edition
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ