XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 117189 times)

Offline sontawila

• View Profile
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #195 on: 09:26 AM - 11/30/20 »
Hey guys,

I own a XIM4 and I thought it would be better to post my question here.

I've updated my XIM4 to the latest firmware and tried to use it on the PS5 to play the PS4 ver of CoD Cold war. However, both Keyboard and mouse didn't work. I can see that both are connected and functional in the ios Xim manager but I both are not working on the PS5  (playing PS4 games).

I've used the same setup on my PS4 pro and they are working fine.

I keep reading that you can actually use the Xim Apex on PS5 playing PS4; is that same case for Xim4? If so, what do  i need to do to make it work?

Thanks a lot.

Offline HoltKezed

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 10:45 AM - 11/30/20 »
I was angry and sleep deprived when I posted this, so I'm prefacing it and quoting it "out", so please disregard basically all I said in this quote:
Quote from: HoltKezed
I just tried both PS5 Demon Souls and Bloodborne with PS5's remote play, who said it was barely noticeable???
It is just terrible, the streamed PS5 screen is very low fps, actually made me sick and I don't suffer from tunnel vision, motion sickness or whatever you call it. Also, the input lag is bad enough to screw with parry timings in Bloodborne and Demon Souls.
Remote play is a total sham and should be treated as such. It is really bad in single player, I cannot even imagine how bad it is in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: 04:57 PM - 11/30/20 by HoltKezed »

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #197 on: 01:06 PM - 11/30/20 »
I just tried both PS5 Demon Souls and Bloodborne with PS5's remote play, who said it was barely noticeable???

It is just terrible, the streamed PS5 screen is very low fps, actually made me sick and I don't suffer from tunnel vision, motion sickness or whatever you call it.

Also, the input lag is bad enough to screw with parry timings in Bloodborne and Demon Souls,

Remote play is a total sham and should be treated as such.

It is really bad in single player, I cannot even imagine how bad it is in multiplayer.

If your home network is subpar, then your experience will be subpar. Itís very playable for single player games, but I wouldnít play multiplayer with remote play.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #198 on: 01:10 PM - 11/30/20 »

It is just terrible, the streamed PS5 screen is very low fps, actually made me sick and I don't suffer from tunnel vision, motion sickness or whatever you call it.

Also, the input lag is bad enough to screw with parry timings in Bloodborne and Demon Souls,

It is really bad in single player, I cannot even imagine how bad it is in multiplayer.

Which is why it has been recommended to use the original input screen from your system. This is only a bypass method to use your xim with ps5 games. I use it and it works great, I even leave my remote play screen minimized on my pc that way I donít have to see it. Playing on a 4K 120hz tv with Cold War and remote play is only used to run the peripherals. If you choose to stare at a remote play screen you will feel some stutter and lag. If you just look at you original input source screen you honestly donít notice any input lag unless your internet is struggling.
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Offline sontawila

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 03:45 PM - 11/30/20 »
Hey guys,

I own a XIM4 and I thought it would be better to post my question here.

I've updated my XIM4 to the latest firmware and tried to use it on the PS5 to play the PS4 ver of CoD Cold war. However, both Keyboard and mouse didn't work. I can see that both are connected and functional in the ios Xim manager but I both are not working on the PS5  (playing PS4 games).

I've used the same setup on my PS4 pro and they are working fine.

I keep reading that you can actually use the Xim Apex on PS5 playing PS4; is that same case for Xim4? If so, what do  i need to do to make it work?

Thanks a lot.

Forgot to mention I am using my the DS4 pad with the light on top of the touchpad.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #200 on: 03:47 PM - 11/30/20 »
You may need to set the PS5 console to "Use USB communication".

I don't know if Cold War defaults to controller or m/kb, so it's also worth checking that controller is selected in the game's settings.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline HoltKezed

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 04:51 PM - 11/30/20 »

If your home network is subpar, then your experience will be subpar. Itís very playable for single player games, but I wouldnít play multiplayer with remote play.

Hey Maxxgold, you are correct.
I was angry and sleep deprived when I posted that, I'll edit it out.
The thing is I cannot use controllers because I don't have my right hand, without Xim support and with what perceived as an intolerable input lag and something off with the image made me angry thinking my PS5 was the most expensive paperweight I had ever bought.

Anyway. I'll do some additional testing, because I felt many things were strange or simply wrong when I first used Remote Play.

Some relevant info below:

My setup was using remote play with my PS4, 540p resolution, home network connection. My network is all gigabit (yes, including routers and switches) so no problem there. I confirmed in the connection logs it was using my home network. Also, unfortunately I cannot even try the Xim Link because I could not find any of those compatible transfer cables for sale in my country. Tough luck.

I was indeed seeing the PS5 screen, I have a HDMI switch that was there with the PS4 all the time (so it's not the problem), I only added the PS5 and now I can switch between the PS4 and PS5.

So you see, I don't know why the screen was feeling weird to me and why I got dizzy...
Now I believe it's how the camera follows you around in Demon Souls and the analog sensitivity seems to have changed in Bloodborne installed in the PS5 or changed somehow through the remote play app, moving the camera faster then I was used to, maybe that was it.

Offline sontawila

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 11:27 AM - 12/01/20 »
You may need to set the PS5 console to "Use USB communication".

I don't know if Cold War defaults to controller or m/kb, so it's also worth checking that controller is selected in the game's settings.

That did the trick. Thanks a lot!

Offline exotic

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 04:16 AM - 12/02/20 »
As you may know PS5 version of Warzone is rumoured to be right behind the corner. Since Warzone is still ps4 version when playing with PS5, xim apex works lile mentioned earlier.

Does anybody have an idea how to keep Xim Apex working after the update? I wonder if its mandatory (have not bought Cod), or can you keep ps4 version? Playing with xim is the only option for me, however would like to use ps5 due to better frame rate.

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 07:59 AM - 12/02/20 »
You'll be able to play the PS4 version still, I believe, with XIM.
You won't be able to play the PS5 with XIM at all, however.
So no framerate for you.

Offline chewz

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 09:14 AM - 12/02/20 »
It's so creepy the amount of - who have to use a xim when the game supports native keyboard and mouse? What exactly is the issue.
« Last Edit: 11:46 AM - 12/02/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #206 on: 09:17 AM - 12/02/20 »
It's so creepy the amount of retards who have to use a xim when the game supports native keyboard and mouse? What exactly is the issue.

Let me know when I can use a Sony Navigation Controller with a mouse, and Iíll gladly use the native support. You do realize that a lot of handicapped people use the XIM as well, right?

Calling people names, just makes you look bad, just an FYI.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline exotic

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 01:16 PM - 12/02/20 »
It's so creepy the amount of - who have to use a xim when the game supports native keyboard and mouse? What exactly is the issue.

Wth, i have missed something. Where has this been confirmed?

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #208 on: 10:29 PM - 12/02/20 »
Iím just going to use my old YOBO adapter. 

=)

Shout out to all my Xim 1 peeps!!!!  Where are Toys, Donskii, Roads, and the rest of the crew anyway?...

(Yes, I feel sooooo old)

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline IceCold1887

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 11:28 PM - 12/02/20 »
Fight sticks are compatible with ps5.  Is the Ximís capable of using a fight stick as the source (instead of DS4) for PS5 games? 
« Last Edit: 03:04 AM - 12/03/20 by IceCold1887 »

Admin