XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 116128 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #150 on: 08:39 AM - 11/19/20 »
This has lately been confirmed by a user, so yes it should work.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #151 on: 10:50 AM - 11/19/20 »
Does XIM Link work with the DS4 controller and a PS4 game on the PS5?

Yes this works, even with a v1 dual shock 4
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 05:28 AM - 11/20/20 »
i dont have ds4 but i want to play Cyberpunk (10/12)on my ps5  with K&M, how can i do ? i need to buy a DS4 for the moment ?

not other solution ?

and if i download upgrade ps5 version, it will not works with K&M even with DS4 (Disk PS4 version Cyberpunk) ??

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #153 on: 05:30 AM - 11/20/20 »
Given Cyberpunk is a single-player game, input lag isn't critical, so if you have a PC or Mac handy (or a PS4), you can use the PS Remote Play app to play PS5 games using a XIM APEX.

If you connect XIM APEX direct to the PS5, you can currently only play PS4 games, ie the PS4 version of Cyberpunk.

In both cases, a DualShock 4 V2 is needed, unless using XIM Link.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline chilli

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 10:13 AM - 11/20/20 »
At least apex legends is working on the PS5. Just connected everything :-)

Offline mac2

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 12:03 PM - 11/20/20 »
its possible to play ps5 games with xim apex + Dualshock 4 plugged ?

No, you cannot play any PS5 games with a DualShock 4 controller. Only with PS4 games, hoping obsiv can find a way to get it working.

Is Cold War a PS4 or PS5 game then?

Both. 

Just make sure you start the "ps4" version by pressing "options" on "Cold War" and then go to "game version" then select "ps4"

Just tried cold war this afternoon:
1)Not sure what version I installed (I have the cross gen bundle)but I simply installed at the prompt when I setup my PS5 - it does not seem to be labeled as "PS5 version" but did have a 120hz display option - can see if you click on option button there is a dropdown to switch to the PS4 (which I presume would install the PS4 version?) - if i installed this PS4 version is there much difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions (aside from XIM not working on the 5 version?) and would I need to plug my PS4 or PS5 controller into the XIM if I tried running the PS4 version for it to work?
2)I also noticed there was a keyboard/mouse option in game - even though I had mouse/keyboard plugged in via xim not sure it was detecting - anyone know if I plugged my usb keyboard and mouse direct into the PS5 should this work as an alternative?

Offline Saikou

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 01:55 PM - 11/20/20 »
Just a note for Xim4 Users... I had to use a rear USB port on the PS5 for mine to work properly. It worked via the front, but would stop registering after approx 5 mins

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #157 on: 02:20 PM - 11/20/20 »

No, you cannot play any PS5 games with a DualShock 4 controller. Only with PS4 games, hoping obsiv can find a way to get it working.

Both. 

Just make sure you start the "ps4" version by pressing "options" on "Cold War" and then go to "game version" then select "ps4"

1)Not sure what version I installed (I have the cross gen bundle)but I simply installed at the prompt when I setup my PS5 - it does not seem to be labeled as "PS5 version" but did have a 120hz display option - can see if you click on option button there is a dropdown to switch to the PS4 (which I presume would install the PS4 version?) - if i installed this PS4 version is there much difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions (aside from XIM not working on the 5 version?) and would I need to plug my PS4 or PS5 controller into the XIM if I tried running the PS4 version for it to work?
2)I also noticed there was a keyboard/mouse option in game - even though I had mouse/keyboard plugged in via xim not sure it was detecting - anyone know if I plugged my usb keyboard and mouse direct into the PS5 should this work as an alternative?

IIRC only the PS5 version can do 120hz so if you probably have the PS5 version installed.
If you press "options" with CoD selected it should give you a "select version" option, even if you only have 1 version, and beside it should say PS4 or PS5.

Offline mac2

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 02:36 PM - 11/20/20 »

Both. 

IIRC only the PS5 version can do 120hz so if you probably have the PS5 version installed.
If you press "options" with CoD selected it should give you a "select version" option, even if you only have 1 version, and beside it should say PS4 or PS5.

thanks for the reply.
Just gave it a try and downloaded the PS4 version of cold war and also COD remastered2 (so both PS4 games) - after connecting it up my PS4 controller is working and was recognized  ok  (selected a profile from the app and the Xim changed color) - but the keyboard and mouse does not appear to work (they dont register anything)...........anyone any ideas what I might be doing wrong? (note I am using the Xim Apex with the Apex app and I am using the front usb)

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #159 on: 02:38 PM - 11/20/20 »

Both. 

thanks for the reply.
Just gave it a try and downloaded the PS4 version of cold war and also COD remastered2 (so both PS4 games) - after connecting it up my PS4 controller is working and was recognized  ok  (selected a profile from the app and the Xim changed color) - but the keyboard and mouse does not appear to work (they dont register anything)...........anyone any ideas what I might be doing wrong? (note I am using the Xim Apex with the Apex app and I am using the front usb)

Don't forget to go into the controller options and tell it to talk to the controller via USB.
It says it only does that for the Dual Sense but it appears to be lying.

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #160 on: 03:19 PM - 11/20/20 »
Just a note for Xim4 Users... I had to use a rear USB port on the PS5 for mine to work properly. It worked via the front, but would stop registering after approx 5 mins

Weird, I played BF1 for about 2 hours last night with my xim4 on my PS5 and didn't have a single issue having it off the front USB. I know I was having an issue like that before on the xbox one but changing out one of the cables fixed it.

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 03:35 PM - 11/20/20 »

What did you do to make a v1 work?  I have 2 v1 and both doesn't work.  Trying to bid on a v2 on ebay but people want too much for it

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #162 on: 04:02 PM - 11/20/20 »

What did you do to make a v1 work?  I have 2 v1 and both doesn't work.  Trying to bid on a v2 on ebay but people want too much for it

I hooked it up like regular and make sure you have controller communication set to usb not Bluetooth
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 04:12 PM - 11/20/20 »

I hooked it up like regular and make sure you have controller communication set to usb not Bluetooth
which gen of v1 do you have?

Whats the number above Made in china on the back of the controller

edit:

Doh... I guess V1 doesn't mean all controllers before V2.   I have a Gen1/2 controller.   Gen3 are v1
« Last Edit: 04:25 PM - 11/20/20 by sheryip »

Offline steve8114

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 06:02 PM - 11/20/20 »
Is it true the new dualsense controller works with ps3? if so, surely this is a good sign that the team here will be able to make it work with the ps5?

Admin