XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 116094 times)

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #75 on: 08:31 AM - 11/11/20 »
yes please thanks

Offline cgravelle

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 02:39 PM - 11/11/20 »
Just to confirm, I have had no issues with XIM4 on the Xbox Series X (was playing last night). It was a simple case of unplugging the USB from the One X and into the Series X. I made no changes, which means I am still using the old (One X) controller. I haven't tried the new one but don't care to knowing the current setup works.

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 03:57 PM - 11/11/20 »
Just to confirm, I have had no issues with XIM4 on the Xbox Series X (was playing last night). It was a simple case of unplugging the USB from the One X and into the Series X. I made no changes, which means I am still using the old (One X) controller. I haven't tried the new one but don't care to knowing the current setup works.

There's a new firmware for xbox series X

Offline richardkovics86

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 04:06 PM - 11/11/20 »
Ok just tested the XIM on the PS5 (USING PS4 Controller), It works in the UI atleast. I am still downloading games so cant try it in game yet.

Same method, ensure device communication is set to USB (it will say this doesnt affect ps4 controllers but it must)

I'll have a game of COD later and see how this goes.

I would say at this stage we will be able to play the old ps4 games atleast for now until the ps5 gets a firmware.

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 04:08 PM - 11/11/20 »
please give me news soon thanks :)

Offline JeffLebawski

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Anoniem
« Reply #80 on: 04:18 PM - 11/11/20 »
Have you tried it with the ps5 controller?

Offline AlMightyGadu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AllMightyGadu
« Reply #81 on: 06:50 PM - 11/11/20 »
Ok just tested the XIM on the PS5 (USING PS4 Controller), It works in the UI atleast. I am still downloading games so cant try it in game yet.

Same method, ensure device communication is set to USB (it will say this doesnt affect ps4 controllers but it must)

I would say at this stage we will be able to play the old ps4 games atleast for now until the ps5 gets a firmware.

I can confirm that this is working. I dont have xim Apex but i do have the older version of the xim4. And i was able to play overwatch with my playstation nav controller + mouse. As he mentioned i just had to ensure it was set to USB and connect it to the my Ps4 controller. Now i can rest my ps4 finally. :)

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: greeno85
  • PSN ID: greeno85
« Reply #82 on: 05:56 AM - 11/12/20 »
@ObsIV when are you expecting to get your hands on a PS5 for dualsense compatibility? I haven't got my PS5 yet as I'm a UK peasant who has been cursed by a 19/11 launch instead of 12/11. Hopeful to have some compatibility by then?

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #83 on: 09:15 AM - 11/12/20 »

I can confirm that this is working. I dont have xim Apex but i do have the older version of the xim4. And i was able to play overwatch with my playstation nav controller + mouse. As he mentioned i just had to ensure it was set to USB and connect it to the my Ps4 controller. Now i can rest my ps4 finally. :)

So what I'm getting from this is it works out of the box with PS4 games?

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09:24 AM - 11/12/20 »
@ObsIV when are you expecting to get your hands on a PS5 for dualsense compatibility? I haven't got my PS5 yet as I'm a UK peasant who has been cursed by a 19/11 launch instead of 12/11. Hopeful to have some compatibility by then?
They should be getting their PS5 today according to my tracking

So if you connect the apex with the DS4 controller then unplug it and plug the DS controller in. it kind of works but you just keep spinning around

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: greeno85
  • PSN ID: greeno85
« Reply #85 on: 09:29 AM - 11/12/20 »
They should be getting their PS5 today according to my tracking

So if you connect the apex with the DS4 controller then unplug it and plug the DS controller in. it kind of works but you just keep spinning around

sheryip you are definitely going to heaven donating your preorder like that! For the greater good my friend!

Offline defmincex13

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 10:28 AM - 11/12/20 »
I can confirm that Xim4 works flawlessly on PS5 with Destiny 2 and APEX without literally any setup. Just plugged in xim4 from ps4 to ps5 and hit the PS button boom.

Offline Ychyno

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ychyno
  • PSN ID: Ychyno
« Reply #87 on: 11:08 AM - 11/12/20 »
I can verify that XIM apex works with ps5 using the DualShock controller. Just plug and play. And let me say itís buttery smooth!

Offline brotski

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rerrick__Dose
« Reply #88 on: 11:28 AM - 11/12/20 »
Picking up a PS5 tomorrow morning (21 hrs away, but whos counting), first thing i will be doing is testing the XIM and will post here my results.

any updates?

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 01:22 PM - 11/12/20 »
Picking up a PS5 tomorrow morning (21 hrs away, but whos counting), first thing i will be doing is testing the XIM and will post here my results.

any updates?
NEeds a firmware update for Dualsense.  Dualshock controller works fine for ps4 games