XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 105226 times)

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #30 on: 11:36 AM - 09/30/20 »
So far it really seems to be a mistery. However i heard xim has no plans of releasing a xim 5. So in case it has no compatibility there is not so much hope we get a new device.

They did not post anything on the forums about this.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 03:09 PM - 09/30/20 »
Any changes that will be needed to support next gen consoles (if possible) will be firmware related. As mentioned, Xbox Series is looking promising given their commitment to backwards and forward compatibility. PS5 is still a big unknown.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #32 on: 10:25 AM - 10/09/20 »
Article from PlayStation themselves, here is the link. Don’t know if it helps any, but I figured any info is better then none.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/backward-compatibility?language=en_US&lan=

Compatible controllers on PS5 consoles
The DualSense™ wireless controller, DUALSHOCK™4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work on PS5 consoles with supported PS4 games.

Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
Both the PS Move Motion Controller and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5 consoles.

For the best experience, use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller when playing PS4 games and PS VR games on a PS5 console.
PS5 games are not compatible with the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
To adjust the strength of controller vibration on PS5 consoles, go to Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Vibration Intensity.

The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 consoles (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5 consoles).
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:09 PM - 10/09/20 »
Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.

This is new for me, thanks for sharing!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #34 on: 05:20 AM - 10/10/20 »
Yeah, I read that article too.

Looks as though authentication with a DS4 will be good, as the DualShock will work with PS4 games on the PS5. The problem lies in any PS5 games that have in-game features that are synced with Dualsense features. If haptic feedback doesn't work, you'll lose (for example) the ability to feel what type of terrain your driving through. Not a game changer, but if adaptive trigger failure means you can only shoot a bow at 100% velocity (or not at all) then that could break the game.

As always, we'll have to see what happens when XIM Tech get their hands on the console and some Dualsense enabled games.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:45 AM - 10/12/20 »
Oh of course. I have no doubt you will find a way considering you were able to make XIM Edge work w/PS4 when it was created for PS3.

Edit:
Just found this.. This should be interesting.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-20-deathloop-blocks-the-ps5-dualsense-controller-triggers-when-your-weapon-jams?fbclid=IwAR0CeQS4gt9Ncw7ZBx2MRp5avpWg3ZfrV8zeyLLUGaf4RoRfgG97W8QrMnU

Also according to Reddit they are also working on a feature where depending on how far you pull the trigger could be used as an "Alt Fire".  I guess that would have to be worked out as well or they need an option to disable it (or you are just stuck with always firing "alt fire")

That alt fire idea is already in some games, it is used for holding breath while sniping so full trigger is ADS only but to hold breath you only pull the trigger half way in Ghost recon breakpoint,   and in Sniper Elite 4 the quick aim 3rd person aim for the sniper is a half trigger pull on ADS.

IF it becomes wide spread we will be needing a similar setup to the way we can use buttons to do right stick and vary the sensitivity by something like the walk button.

Offline SIXRIP7ER

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: unaware_beseiger
« Reply #36 on: 08:20 PM - 10/27/20 »
The dualsense 5 is being reported as incompatible with the pc and i have seen numerous videos where people cant connect to pc via Bluetooth or cable, would this indicate that the xim might not be compatible as well or it is independent of pc connection.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #37 on: 07:09 AM - 10/28/20 »
Oh of course. I have no doubt you will find a way considering you were able to make XIM Edge work w/PS4 when it was created for PS3.

Edit:
Just found this.. This should be interesting.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-20-deathloop-blocks-the-ps5-dualsense-controller-triggers-when-your-weapon-jams?fbclid=IwAR0CeQS4gt9Ncw7ZBx2MRp5avpWg3ZfrV8zeyLLUGaf4RoRfgG97W8QrMnU

Also according to Reddit they are also working on a feature where depending on how far you pull the trigger could be used as an "Alt Fire".  I guess that would have to be worked out as well or they need an option to disable it (or you are just stuck with always firing "alt fire")

That alt fire idea is already in some games, it is used for holding breath while sniping so full trigger is ADS only but to hold breath you only pull the trigger half way in Ghost recon breakpoint,   and in Sniper Elite 4 the quick aim 3rd person aim for the sniper is a half trigger pull on ADS.

IF it becomes wide spread we will be needing a similar setup to the way we can use buttons to do right stick and vary the sensitivity by something like the walk button.

Oh I know it's not new, the MGS series has been able to do that for years for both the shoulder buttons & face buttons. it just appears the console itself really wants to make a push on the feature.

Offline Cith

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09:43 AM - 10/28/20 »
The dualsense 5 is being reported as incompatible with the pc and i have seen numerous videos where people cant connect to pc via Bluetooth or cable, would this indicate that the xim might not be compatible as well or it is independent of pc connection.

I've seen a few videos where the dualsense was working with no issues on PC (wired).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZ6yLeC1OI look at the 6 minute mark.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #39 on: 09:56 AM - 10/28/20 »
I've seen a few videos where the dualsense was working with no issues on PC (wired).

Thanks. What we are looking for is the new authentication protocol which will only occur when connected directly to a PS5.

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #40 on: 12:48 PM - 10/29/20 »

Thanks. What we are looking for is the new authentication protocol which will only occur when connected directly to a PS5.

Possibly silly question but wouldn't using it on the remote play app allow you to test this early? Just curious lol. Really hoping it all goes well and that you can also get it to work on the xim 4, love my xim 4 and really don't want to replace it.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #41 on: 10:36 AM - 10/30/20 »
Yes, assuming remote play works like xCloud (i.e. goes through a PC) then yes, it'll work. But, it wouldn't tell us what a direct connection would look like.

Offline ItZ_Me_Not_You

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01:49 PM - 10/30/20 »
DualSense And DualShock 4 Can Be Use For PS4 Games On PS5

https://www.psu.com/news/ps4-games-ps5-dualsense-dualshock/

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #43 on: 02:58 PM - 10/30/20 »

Possibly silly question but wouldn't using it on the remote play app allow you to test this early? Just curious lol. Really hoping it all goes well and that you can also get it to work on the xim 4, love my xim 4 and really don't want to replace it.

I couldn't get the XIM Apex to work on PS4 remote play. the app doesn't see the controller unless it's straight into the PC

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #44 on: 04:17 PM - 10/30/20 »
Speaking of PS4 remote play there is a guy on YouTube (Mystic) who just made a video showing ps5 dualsense working for PS4 remote play. So I would guess Authentication is close to the same, hopefully.
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Admin