XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 104908 times)

Offline stayla

• M+KB player on Playstation
    • View Profile
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #255 on: 09:02 PM - 10/20/21 »
Next week we get the info will it work or not. 1 week i dont play and surf on internet and forums for solution. Bf2042 with m+kb thats insane when it happen, i cant play with a Controller fps games and pre order the game before beta and than i see the results not working on the ps4 controller only dualsens. I wait until next week than we get the info wait and pray for the resulution. Big thanks Xim team and the admin in this forum to get infos and Updates to the ps5 problem.👍❤

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #256 on: 09:13 PM - 10/20/21 »
If given the option, you can download the PS4 copy of the game to PS5 and it'll work with XIM APEX and a DualShock 4 controller. Remote Play will also work for the PS5 version.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bloodklot

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: L337AZN
« Reply #257 on: 12:44 AM - 10/22/21 »
Looks like the thrust master is for sale now. Would acquiring one allow you to figure out the dualsenseís compatibility with xim apex?

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/10/21/22736145/thrustmaster-t248-pc-ps5-racing-wheel-review

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 08:13 AM - 10/22/21 »
Yes it would be helpful to know if the device works in PS5 DualSense only games when connected directly to the console.
Though only order it if you want to keep the controller anyway, or you have a way to return it.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Bloodklot

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: L337AZN
« Reply #259 on: 12:25 AM - 10/23/21 »
Oh I donít have the budget to buy that lol.  I just thought a corporation like yours would have the budget to give it a try.  But in other news, it looks like scuff is making a PS5 ďproĒ controller this holiday.  Do you think thatís just a dualsense modded? Or do you think itís actually a 3rd party controller?

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/ps5-pro-controller-coming-this-holiday-season/?amp

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 02:51 PM - 10/23/21 »
Has anyone been able to test the Logitech G29?  It should also run on PS5.

https://www.logitechg.com/de-de/products/driving/driving-force-racing-wheel.html
« Last Edit: 02:09 PM - 10/24/21 by sizzerb »
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 03:04 PM - 10/23/21 »
Oh I donít have the budget to buy that lol.  I just thought a corporation like yours would have the budget to give it a try.  But in other news, it looks like scuff is making a PS5 ďproĒ controller this holiday.  Do you think thatís just a dualsense modded? Or do you think itís actually a 3rd party controller?

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/ps5-pro-controller-coming-this-holiday-season/?amp

From the looks it seems like a normal PS5 controller with some attached paddles and switched out sticks. In that case it wouldnt help with the XIM PS5 compatibility.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 02:10 PM - 10/24/21 »

https://www.logitechg.com/de-de/products/driving/driving-force-racing-wheel.html

Borrowed it from my friend, it doesn't work. Tested Rainbow and Fortnite. It's the latest beta on it. Does it have to be added in beta or does it just not work?
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 03:19 PM - 10/24/21 »

Borrowed it from my friend, it doesn't work. Tested Rainbow and Fortnite. It's the latest beta on it. Does it have to be added in beta or does it just not work?

Did you try it with the Logitech Controller directly connected to the PS5? Directly through the XIM wont directly work without an update. Check if these PS5 games work with the controller plugged into the console :).

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #264 on: 12:25 AM - 10/25/21 »
G29 is a specialty PS4 controller and wonít work in DualSense-locked games.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 11:31 AM - 10/25/21 »

Did you try it with the Logitech Controller directly connected to the PS5? Directly through the XIM wont directly work without an update. Check if these PS5 games work with the controller plugged into the console :).

Unfortunately it doesn't work either :(

G29 is a specialty PS4 controller and wonít work in DualSense-locked games.

But the G29 is supposed to work on PS5, according to Logitech.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 11:37 AM - 10/25/21 »

Yes but its release date is from 2015, at that time the only solution was the speciality controller approach. And just recently Sony decided to no longer allow speciality controllers for most PS5 games.
Newly released PS5 certified controllers, such as the new Thrustmaster one, could use a different solution that potentially works with the XIM too.

I should have checked the release date of the G29 prior to writing my comments above as that made it pretty clear that its just a speciality controller.

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 12:51 PM - 10/25/21 »

Yes but its release date is from 2015, at that time the only solution was the speciality controller approach. And just recently Sony decided to no longer allow speciality controllers for most PS5 games.
Newly released PS5 certified controllers, such as the new Thrustmaster one, could use a different solution that potentially works with the XIM too.

I should have checked the release date of the G29 prior to writing my comments above as that made it pretty clear that its just a speciality controller.

Oh okay, has anyone had the chance to test the Thrustmaster?  if it works?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #268 on: 10:05 PM - 10/25/21 »
In games that whitelist PS4 specialty controllers, yes G29 works. It's the same workaround that we used for Hori and Nacon controllers for year one PS5 games.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #269 on: 09:04 AM - 11/02/21 »
Curious if anyone has come across this issue and fixed it. Ps5/remote play with xim and ps5 controller into pc. So I have it hooking up and working perfectly except one little issue. No matter what I do I canít get R2 or left mouse button to work. It will work fine if I use the controller but trying to press the fire button does absolutely nothing. Has anyone run into this and can help me fix it?  I have tried it with a PS4 controller and all works like itís supposed to.

Yes on latest manager and xim firmware no disconnect issues at all
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Admin