XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 104138 times)

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #211 on: 10:58 AM - 12/05/20 »
This is precisely why I bought PS 4 one year after launch (Waited for XIM 4 to be released). If the device like XIM did not exist, I would go back to PC gaming.This is the same reason I did not pre-order PS 5 or XBSX. I wanted to see if XIM would work with them. The last time I played FPS game on a console was Medal of Honor on PS2. Playing FPS games on a controller is like playing a racing, flight sim or a Mortal Kombat on a mouse and keyboard.
I want to deeply thank XIM developers and the awesome community. If it was not for XIM, I would not have bought any of these consoles. Once I am able to buy XBSX, I will sell my PS4 Pro with SSD and be done with Sony. I also value my privacy and vote with my wallet. Having Sony change their Terms of Service to sell user info to third parties and having a built-in mic on a controller is unacceptable. I don't need another spy device in my house.
I forgot to add, makers of XIM do not owe their customers anything. They never advertised or promised that their products will work with a PS 5. On the other hand - Sony could have made DS 4 compatible with a PS 5, but they did not. I suppose they want to sell new controllers as well as having their player base being able to record and snitch on one another, hence the built-in microphones in the new controller. (For the sake of on-line "safety") lol. On top of that , Sony will have much more data on it's customers to sell to 3rd party companies.
« Last Edit: 11:30 AM - 12/05/20 by noregretd »

STAO

« Reply #212 on: 04:41 PM - 12/05/20 »
This is precisely why I bought PS 4 one year after launch (Waited for XIM 4 to be released). If the device like XIM did not exist, I would go back to PC gaming.This is the same reason I did not pre-order PS 5 or XBSX. I wanted to see if XIM would work with them. The last time I played FPS game on a console was Medal of Honor on PS2. Playing FPS games on a controller is like playing a racing, flight sim or a Mortal Kombat on a mouse and keyboard.
I want to deeply thank XIM developers and the awesome community. If it was not for XIM, I would not have bought any of these consoles. Once I am able to buy XBSX, I will sell my PS4 Pro with SSD and be done with Sony. I also value my privacy and vote with my wallet. Having Sony change their Terms of Service to sell user info to third parties and having a built-in mic on a controller is unacceptable. I don't need another spy device in my house.
I forgot to add, makers of XIM do not owe their customers anything. They never advertised or promised that their products will work with a PS 5. On the other hand - Sony could have made DS 4 compatible with a PS 5, but they did not. I suppose they want to sell new controllers as well as having their player base being able to record and snitch on one another, hence the built-in microphones in the new controller. (For the sake of on-line "safety") lol. On top of that , Sony will have much more data on it's customers to sell to 3rd party companies.

Well said.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 04:49 PM - 12/05/20 »
Wise and thoughtful decision noregretd.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #214 on: 06:46 PM - 12/06/20 »
. Sony could have made DS 4 compatible with a PS 5, but they did not

They are really trying to push "haptics".

Honestly i disable it because it's annoying as hell.

As for waiting a year, I'm just  hoping the same thing that happened with PS4 occurs where i was about to use the Cronus to use my XIM on the PS4.

Offline DrBlume

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 02:54 AM - 12/07/20 »

Wahre Worte Bro! Ich bin seit 12 Jahren auf Playstation unterwegs mit XIM 4 und Apex.
Werde auch zur XBSX wechseln sobald die Konsole wieder verfŁgbar ist un die PS4 Pro dann verkaufen.

Can i use the original XBSX Controller on XIM?
« Last Edit: 05:53 AM - 12/07/20 by DrBlume »

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 09:40 AM - 12/07/20 »
It's not always easy to say switch the console from Playstation to Xbox when all the players and friends are still on the Playstation.

What's the point if I have a working XIM on the Xbox (which may be possible in a few months on the PS5), but then I have no one to play with?

So it's not so easy to advise everyone to switch from Playstation to Xbox. We should just hope that the PS5 games will soon be compatible with the XIM.

Im playing on ps5 via ps4 with xim, works great, no any lag
Thanks for testing the PS5 Remote Play app on PS4 Chr0nicle. Glad to hear the lag isn't noticeable  :)

It is noticeable. Call of Duty is unplayable with Remote Play. You hit nothing.

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 10:17 AM - 12/07/20 »
I was fortunate in being able to purchase both consoles.. If for some reason they can't get xim working on PS5, I'm prepared to make the switch from PS5 to XSX for Xim.
I mainly play on pc, but I do have friends and family who play only on console..

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 01:41 PM - 12/07/20 »
Thank you for your replies. As far as I know , you have to use old Xbox One controller for XIM 4 and you can use new controller with beta firmware on Xim Apex.

Sony became complacent and  lazy - 32Gbps HDMI 2.1 implementation (4:2:2 @120Hz), no VRR, No Dolby Vision, DS 4 is not compatible with PS5, can't use USB drive to save game saves.

I am surprised that European counties do not sue Sony yet for their changes to Terms of Service and their "snitch" record feature. Some people bring an argument that if you have a smartphone, then it's ok to have another spy device. First of all, you can have apps on the phone to block stuff and you have to have a phone. You do not need to have a console. Also, you can't have apps on a console to block things. In addition, Google is free, so it makes sense that they collect data. We pay for Sony console, PSN, games, movies, etc. They should not collect any data on us and sell it to 3rd parties.  Do you really want a built-in mic in your controller? I surely do not.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 04:29 PM - 12/07/20 »
... Google is free, so it makes sense that they collect data. We pay for Sony console, PSN, games, movies, etc. They should not collect any data on us and sell it to 3rd parties.  Do you really want a built-in mic in your controller? I surely do not.
Exactly that's a very shady tactic, they excuse themselves arguing that all is for protection due online bullying and walnot.

That's true, next step measures are needed.  I get hate mail very often, I',m cool with that is funny for me actually make some people so mad, that they took all the effort to let me know, like I care while I'm not being a troll, just playing games. However, some are very toxic sick people. As a father annoys me my children has to deal with it, but I'm not worry is part of this world they have to face it one way or another I prefer on a console than other way. But know I'm a minority and most people need to feel safe or nursed, and makes me mad they abuse of this fear.

Sony became complacent and  lazy - 32Gbps HDMI 2.1 implementation (4:2:2 @120Hz), no VRR, No Dolby Vision, DS 4 is not compatible with PS5, can't use USB drive to save game saves.
Not defending Sony, but honestly I never bought that new consoles (RDNA 1.5 - 2) will be able to run 4K 4-4-4 120Hz, even big boy gaming PC struggle with it. Heck!, G-sync which is the more mature variable and reliable refresh rate technology (specially if uses hardware module) caps at 120Hz, open VRR is way to green for it and to please a wide spectrum on a software fundation. Dolby Vision is also yet very novell thing with a lot of opportunities to improve.

Timing for all these technologies was wrong and rushed. When previous generation jump to 1080p DTS Dolby Digital was very mature and settled on mass electronics for at least 2 years in all markets, 4K is still in to adoption specially on 3rd world countries, where we don't have the need to move to that due our internet and cable services are struggling with it.

Anyways.

I personally love DualSense haptic experience is a very great kinesthetic improvement, I can see how dev can take advantage of if to offer a new world of experiences for deaf people. But if they are going to block third party support that's a very high price to pay and if they will it should guarantee options for everyone, not only full M/KB support also custom adaptative controllers just like microsoft attempted.

« Last Edit: 04:46 PM - 12/07/20 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #220 on: 08:15 AM - 12/08/20 »
Just in case anyone missed it, Console Tuners Titan Two allows you to use the XIM on PS5. There is a timeout every 7 minutes, which automatically resets, but, there are specialized controllers you can plug in, and you donít have to worry about the timeout. J2Kbr said they are compiling a list of working controllers now, and will release the list soon.

https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16773
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 08:18 AM - 12/08/20 »
i dont know this ? what is titan ?  it's an other device like XIM ?

so why u  said now it works with XIM on PS5 ??

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 10:06 AM - 12/08/20 »
Just in case anyone missed it, Console Tuners Titan Two allows you to use the XIM on PS5. There is a timeout every 7 minutes, which automatically resets, but, there are specialized controllers you can plug in, and you donít have to worry about the timeout. J2Kbr said they are compiling a list of working controllers now, and will release the list soon.

https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16773

This is exactly how the process started for XIM last generation too. You could use a cronus to get your XIM to work with the PS4 before they finally got the XIM to work with the PS4 itself.

Glad to see it's moving along. If anything it shows it should be possible.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 10:12 AM - 12/08/20 »

I am surprised that European counties do not sue Sony yet for their changes to Terms of Service and their "snitch" record feature.

That entry has been in it's ToS since 2013

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/1376/20131112/sony-reserves-right-to-record-ps4-users-voice-chats-or-text-messages-over-psn.htm

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
« Reply #224 on: 08:56 PM - 12/08/20 »
Some more info on DS5 authenticaiton protocol etc - https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/issues/672

I am no expert but the authentication seems like the roadblock that we are facing. Hopefully OBsIV and J2 can figure it out. I imagine they have some kind of USB sniffer that can be used to demystify the protocol.

Hmmm interesting. When the ps4 was released, did the dualshock 4 also have some sort of encrypted authentication that was problematic for the adapter?
I haven't been following XIM since then but I have read that it took over a month to get it working. Not sure if my info is true.

Wasnít this the issue when PS4 came out as well? Thatís what I am remembering anyway lol. Itís been a while since I got on here.
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Admin