XIM Community

Just wondering is the xim apex made in china.  (Read 249 times)

Offline sss802

• View Profile
Just wondering is the xim apex made in china.
« on: 12:08 PM - 11/28/21 »
The xim apex i bought on amazon says made in china.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Just wondering is the xim apex made in china.
« Reply #1 on: 12:34 PM - 11/28/21 »
Import laws state you need to declare where things are "made" even though it's typically not straight forward to name a place. APEX's unpopulated PCBs are made in China. The PCBs are assembled (parts soldered on via pick and place) in the USA. The parts themselves (ICs, passives, etc) are made all over the world. The enclosure is made in China, but APEX is assembled in USA. APEX is flashed, tested, packaged, and factory sealed in USA. The hub is completely made in China.

NEXUS is even more complex, but will say "Designed in USA. Assembled in China" even though that's not completely true either.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline vr6

• .:R32
    • View Profile
Re: Just wondering is the xim apex made in china.
« Reply #2 on: 02:30 PM - 11/28/21 »
Import laws state you need to declare where things are "made" even though it's typically not straight forward to name a place. APEX's unpopulated PCBs are made in China. The PCBs are assembled (parts soldered on via pick and place) in the USA. The parts themselves (ICs, passives, etc) are made all over the world. The enclosure is made in China, but APEX is assembled in USA. APEX is flashed, tested, packaged, and factory sealed in USA. The hub is completely made in China.

NEXUS is even more complex, but will say "Designed in USA. Assembled in China" even though that's not completely true either.

Might be out of place, but did you ever think about doing a documentary about how XIM was created, like giving insights of how it started and like what’s a regular day looks from your perspective?
PS5 | Samsung U28E590D | Logitech G502 & G910 | XIM Apex

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Just wondering is the xim apex made in china.
« Reply #3 on: 03:57 PM - 11/29/21 »
Might be out of place, but did you ever think about doing a documentary about how XIM was created, like giving insights of how it started and like what’s a regular day looks from your perspective?

It all started about 14 or 15 years ago.... (Damm, I was 14 back then :D)

Can't believe it's been that long since the original XIM days, You had to build it yourself & flash the firmware + buy a 3rd party PS2 controller converter for the Xbox 360 to get it working.

OBsIV has a development blog here:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=3819.0

Sadly it doesn't have any info from before the XIM3 was announced.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).