XIM Community

Battlefield 2042 Heli Setup Tip (Setting Sticks to Rifle Aim)  (Read 348 times)

Offline PKRocker27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PKRocker27
Hey all,  I'm def not an expert in setting up profiles but wanted to share a trick for flying Helicopters in Battlefield 2042. Go to the controller in game settings. Change the pilot sticks to custom and goto custom controller mappings. Set the left stick to up/down and also roll left and right. Set the right stick to yaw left/right and also pitch up/down. This is what is referred to as "Rifle Aim". IT'S A GAME CHANGER! Open the profile you are using and set a key/button on the right stick to pitch up. It may need to be set to forwad or backward depending if you prefer using inverted aim controls. Kind of like turn assist for pitch up only. It's helpful when you need to pitch up quickly. I'm using the BF1 profile,default sync, not that it makes a difference. Make sure you have Heli Assist turned off in game settings. Can't remember where that setting is in game but it's there and will realy affect your aim. Check it out and let me know what you think. Please add any other ideas you may have. 

Offline Ratha

• View Profile
You can  bind keys for your right stick directional commands directly from the XIM Apex app. I always use a pitch up key bind on mouse when flying in BF. However, i find it easier and more consistent to use the controller when flying.