XIM Community

new to XIM APEX  (Read 219 times)

Offline goob77

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Goob77 GS
new to XIM APEX
« on: 11:49 PM - 08/01/20 »
Brand new to this product.   I need some help and some convincing as to WHY I need to use this product.  So far it has less benefit than just plugging my mouse and keyboard directly into my xbox one(1st gen).  I know I'm ignorant to the product and would love to hear its benefits.

Some disappointments in my initial install/set up:  (My first game to try is COD Warzone)

- I cannot set two buttons for one keystroke. ie both bumpers as one keystroke. ( I read on Facebook page that this was possible)
- I cannot use the mouse to navigate the menus or the map
- I cannot use my Razer Wolverine Wired controller at all.  The XIM apex won't power it up. 

the lone PRO so far is the ballistic setting is very easy to understand and set for mouse movement. I like it.  Its easier to understand than the M/K menu options in the games menu.

Please help.   I would love for this product to be beneficial because XBOX doesn't offer any kind of app to configure the Razer Products that I own.  I bought this thinking I could configure my keyboard/mouse any way id like and it seems that its only for transferring buttons to keystrokes.

Im ok admitting that maybe I just bought the wrong product too.  No pride or shame here. :)

Thanks for any feedback or help.  Appreciate it. 

-Goob

« Last Edit: 12:05 AM - 08/02/20 by goob77 »

Offline Acapella

• View Profile
Re: new to XIM APEX
« Reply #1 on: 04:03 AM - 08/02/20 »
Brand new to this product.   I need some help and some convincing as to WHY I need to use this product.  So far it has less benefit than just plugging my mouse and keyboard directly into my xbox one(1st gen).  I know I'm ignorant to the product and would love to hear its benefits.

Some disappointments in my initial install/set up:  (My first game to try is COD Warzone)

- I cannot set two buttons for one keystroke. ie both bumpers as one keystroke. ( I read on Facebook page that this was possible)
- I cannot use the mouse to navigate the menus or the map
- I cannot use my Razer Wolverine Wired controller at all.  The XIM apex won't power it up. 

the lone PRO so far is the ballistic setting is very easy to understand and set for mouse movement. I like it.  Its easier to understand than the M/K menu options in the games menu.

Please help.   I would love for this product to be beneficial because XBOX doesn't offer any kind of app to configure the Razer Products that I own.  I bought this thinking I could configure my keyboard/mouse any way id like and it seems that its only for transferring buttons to keystrokes.

Im ok admitting that maybe I just bought the wrong product too.  No pride or shame here. :)

Thanks for any feedback or help.  Appreciate it. 

-Goob
you can set two functions to one keystroke using the secondary binding option. Itís also possible to use the mouse for left stick controls eg. Navigating the map. You can do this by making additional sub configs.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:13 AM - 08/02/20 »
Go to XIM APEX Manager > Global Settings > Enable expert configuration. That'll open up a world of customisation, like binding two Actions to one button. Visit the XIM Gameplay YouTube channel for tutorials about every expert setting.

You need a first-party, genuine Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller for authentication on Xbox One. Third-party controllers do not work.

Most games bind menu and map navigation to the left-stick, which is WASD. XIM is a controller emulator and behaves as one, it can't magically transform console controls into PC m/kb configuration. You can swap the sticks for menu nav using an AUX sub-config, but console game menus are not designed for mouse input and it's not a good experience. You're better off getting used to WASD, or picking up the controller for menus.

Alternately, use an analog device, like a Sony Nav or Azeron keypad in combination with an AUX in XIM APEX Manager to use an analog stick for menu nav. Refer to the XIM Gameplay YT channel for more info.

Ballistics Curves diverge from the XIM's 1:1 translation with a game's look mechanics. It's best not to use them as all they're doing is adding acceleration or deceleration.
« Last Edit: 04:21 AM - 08/02/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline goob77

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Goob77 GS
« Reply #3 on: 11:40 AM - 08/02/20 »
Thanks for the input yíall.  Iíll dive into right away.  Appreciate it and welcome anymore suggestions.  Thanks.