XIM Community

Xbox Series X, Apex, Xim 4 & more...  (Read 128 times)

Offline controller_struggles

• View Profile
Xbox Series X, Apex, Xim 4 & more...
« on: 04:53 PM - 07/31/20 »
Hey guys, I'm fairly new around here so I did my best in terms of trying to find all the answers to the questions I have, so go easy on me if any of these are repeats.

1.  I understand that the xim developers don't know for sure, but are they planning on attempting to get both the xim apex and xim 4 to work on the xbox series x or are they going to develop a new product specifically for that console?

2.  I know that the xim 4 is older than the apex, but are there plans to add Halo Infinite to its smart translator database once it's released?

3.  I currently have the xim 4, are there any advantages to purchasing the apex?  I only ask because I don't have the greatest knowledge when it comes to m/k support, ballistic curves, etc.  I typically run with the default smart translator for the game and really only change the sensitivity and buttons.  I've been thinking about purchasing the apex (currently on the wait list) but it depends on the answers to the previous questions.

Thank you for answering these!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xbox Series X, Apex, Xim 4 & more...
« Reply #1 on: 09:33 AM - 08/01/20 »
Welcome to the community. No concerns about repeats -- these are good questions. XIM APEX will be highest priority to get working on next gen. When the hardware was chosen for it, we designed it with room to grow. XIM4 is maxed out (very little room left for new features). If enabling next gen requires minimal code changes, then XIM4 has a chance to be updated. Unfortunately we won't know for a few months.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.