XIM Community

[Q/A] PC issues  (Read 43 times)

Offline VisceraT

• View Profile
[Q/A] PC issues
« on: 09:39 PM - 07/30/20 »
So I connected my XIM Apex to my PC, upgraded the firmware, then found some issues...

The computer does not detect any controller. Tried multiple controllers(xbox 360 and xbox elite 1), tried multiple ports in the hub, tried to reset it, nothing.

It connects. I can type through it. I cant move the mouse. And no controller is detected.

white light is on on the hub, button presses are detected on controller on XIM, but the passthrough "hey this is a game controller" does not work.

any ideas?
« Last Edit: 09:12 AM - 07/31/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PC issues
« Reply #1 on: 09:12 AM - 07/31/20 »
Welcome to the community. XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

360 controllers would need to be original wired controllers. Wireless 360 controllers with a play and charge kit don't send data using the cable.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

A good place to start would be to verify the controllers are working with the PC while XIM is not connected and if your XIM is working on a supported platform.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin