XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Anyone know why while my Xim is on my Dpad is constantly pressed left?  (Read 83 times)

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
As soon as I turn everything on my dpad acts as if itís pressed to the left no matter what I do.  Only thing that has changed is the Azeron instead of Navigation.
« Last Edit: 04:37 PM - 07/31/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
Great.... another few weeks of investigating to figure out whatís going on.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I would start troubleshooting these points:

Is the controller button stuck? Does this happen if the dpad button is not assigned in primary or secondary buttons? Sometimes an unrelated mouse button, usually the DPI buttons, can cause input that looks like it's from another device when stuck.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
As soon as I turn everything on my dpad acts as if itís pressed to the left no matter what I do.  Only thing that has changed is the Azeron instead of Navigation.

Have you had everything working with the Azeron, and has this problem now just started to happen recently? You probably already know this but make sure that you are on the correct Azeron profile by pressing the button so that the 2 leds show on the side of the Azeron.

I had a problem of my own making with the Azeron this week .. everything was working fine and then I went into the Azeron software to change something, when I went back into my game my character was moving non stop and the stick didn't work (dont know how I mucked things up lol).
Went back into the software, used the stick calibration tool and everything was ok when I went back into the game.

I remember when I got my 1st Azeron that I used to have problems when I switched my xbox on ... everything in the dashboard would keep moving and the controller stick wouldn't register. I had to rotate the analog stick on the Azeron a few times to get the controller stick to work ... no idea why but that's what I had to do then.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
Itís the Azeron.  For some reason the Azeron just causes my Dpad to stay pressed left.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It’s the Azeron.  For some reason the Azeron just causes my Dpad to stay pressed left.
The first thing I would do is unplug all other devices and connect just the Azeron to XIM APEX. Does the problem still occur? This will rule out other devices as the cause.

Set the Azeron profile to joystick mode rather than 360 controller / WASD mode to see if it still happens. I also recommend installing the Simple XIM Firmware from the Downloads page on the Azeron site to see if it happens on different firmware versions to rule out an Azeron profile as the cause.

When this has happened for me on other devices (Stinky Board & Fragpedals), it was joystick or mouse output to blame (they can output as multiple devices). It wasn't d-pad output, but phantom stick output.

If the issue persists, contact Azeron support. That's abnormal behaviour and will be covered by warranty.

Take a screengrab of the XIM APEX Manager home page showing the stuck output. If it's a faulty switch, one of the J buttons should be triggering at all times, which will be visible in the Manager app.

If you have a Titan or Cronus, you should see output registering in Device Manager in Gtuner or Cronus Pro / Zen Studio.

It sucks to wait so long for the Azeron and for it to have a problem, but their support is helpful and should pay for shipping if you need to get a repair.
« Last Edit: 03:58 PM - 08/06/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin