XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM Apex not working on PS4  (Read 71 times)

Offline Primex4k

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Primex2K
[ACTIVE] XIM Apex not working on PS4
« on: 04:44 PM - 07/30/20 »
I connected everything to the right  spot, did firmware update, and app is setup. Iím on PS4 and I canít get it to work. The hub definitely works as Iíve tried it on my pc and my mouse and keyboard worked fine. Iíve turned down the colors for them by a good amount. When everything is connected my controller glows yellow like itís charging but when I press the buttons to turn it on it doesnít work (I did switch controller communication to USB not Bluetooth). Iíve switched cords and only one makes it glow yellow the others donít do anything. I canít change the keybinds in the app, when itís ďlisteningĒ and I press a button nothing happen. The hardware is compatible. When setting up the Apex when do I turn my controller on?
« Last Edit: 05:00 PM - 07/30/20 by mist4fun »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Apex not working on PS4
« Reply #1 on: 04:58 PM - 07/30/20 »
We can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. Please remove APEX and then disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Reconnect APEX to the console with only the controller connected to the hub while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller. If you do see the four green lights then sometimes starting APEX this way, controller+hub first, peripherals second, can help with setups that draw a lot of power.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Primex4k

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM Apex not working on PS4
« Reply #2 on: 08:59 PM - 07/30/20 »
Iíve used 4 separate cords with 3 different controllers and didnít get the green light. Is there a type of usb cord that I should be using? I just bought 2 Belkin cords and they donít work. Every time itís the red light.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:08 AM - 07/31/20 »
Some cables are charge only but the odds that all of your cables are charge only are low. We could remove the hub next, sometimes this can be the cause. Could you please repeat that test without the hub and connect the controller directly to APEX then APEX to console? If you still do not have four green lights it's possible the controller may not be able to use it's data connection. If you have a PC there's a quick way to check if your controller and cable are using data correctly.

To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'game controllers'. Windows should point you to 'setup usb game controllers' from the control panel, continue to this selection. You should then see this screen.

Select the controller then click properties. You should then see this screen with a similar reference to a controller.

If you've made it this far you should see your controller actions in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.

Offline Primex4k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:05 PM - 07/31/20 »
No green lights when connecting it directly to the Apex. I connected it to my pc just like you said and itís working, everything is being tracked. I do think thereís a chance that all of them are charge cables but then why does it work on my pc?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:41 PM - 07/31/20 »
If your PC can see the controller and the button presses are shown then the cable used for that test was a data cable.

Thanks for taking the time to check those two things. Unfortunately your APEX may need repair if it's not able to authenticate the controller with direct connection. I recommend testing with APEX in another console port next and trying this connection order while watching the startup lights for 4 green lights. Sometimes this order can help with contact issues between console and APEX.

console > 3 port hub > APEX > controller

Admin