XIM Community

Gabe Newell: "XSX is better than PS5, because it is"  (Read 518 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Gabe Newell: "XSX is better than PS5, because it is"
« Reply #15 on: 01:36 PM - 07/31/20 »
This is the first Xbox generation that has me tempted to swap. Not because of performance (games are always limited by the lowest common denominator), not because of back-catalogue (I still have the older consoles and buy new consoles for new games) and not because of cross-play (I don't play cross-platform games on PC due to cheats), but entirely due to controls.

If XIM APEX only works on XSX, that'll be my console of choice for third-party games. If it only works on PS5, I probably won't buy an XSX. I will 100% buy at least one PS5 for the exclusives, just as I bought (and was disappointed with) an Xbox One. I also have an XB1X, but have turned it on a total of 3 times since I bought it 10 months ago.

If a game is developed for the lowest common denominator that means that the more powerful console will perform that much better at the same game. I mean you can play GTA IV on X1X with FPS that's in the mid 50s compared to the sub 30s of 360. It drastically changes how the game feels and plays. So yes, playing cross-play MP games you will definitely be at a disadvantage on PS5.

Ironically, cheats, the big disadvantage of playing against PC on console, and most games nowadays coddling their players with SBMM and terrible netcode is why I'm giving up on MP shooters and going back to PC. On PC there are more options for fun retro shooters and Xim support for those on consoles is almost non-existent. If I get a craving for MP I'll just set up some games with bots and play a few matches while listening to music. Although, I have to say MW2 on Xbox still has a solid player base and it plays better than most MP shooters today.

I think both Sony and MS said that all current gen first party peripherals (maybe not kinect) will work on next-gen. Chances are that Xim Apex will work on both consoles at launch if that's the case.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 01:20 AM - 08/01/20 »
I think both Sony and MS said that all current gen first party peripherals (maybe not kinect) will work on next-gen. Chances are that Xim Apex will work on both consoles at launch if that's the case.
Let's hope so.

I've been tempted back into the PC fold myself as there are entire genres of games that aren't available on console, or are cut-down versions of the PC game (e.g. RTS). But, I still find myself firing up the PS4 more often that not for the simplicity of plug and play.

That and I like that I can buy a game on PS4 and play MP with my son on another PS4 without having to fork out for two copies of the game. That may be possible too on XB1, I haven't tried.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:11 PM - 08/01/20 »
I think it's the same thing with Xbox. Accounts can share their libraries on multiple consoles (don't know the max, though.) And I don't think you even need to constantly switch which is your main console like on PS4 to have that functionality.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:08 PM - 08/01/20 »
There's a few reasons to go with XSX. #1 is friends! But with cross platform becoming the new standard this could soon be a non-issue. #2 is the horse power which isn't going to be matched at the price point on PC. Especially when games are developed for the platform. #3 All the backwards compatibility Xbox offers. #4 Gamepass is a good bargain for gamers that enjoy playing ALOT of games.

There's also a few other things I've noticed while playing cross-platform. My X1X is rendering quite a bit faster then my friends games are when playing on PS4/Pro. PUBG is the best example of this. I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a gun while my PS friends haven't even rendered it on the ground yet. I literally watch them run around the room missing all kinds of loot. I think it's also safe to say this has gotten me quite a few kills too while playing against PS players on the other team. I also here them complaining about their game crashing and I've seen them render into walls. This is a complete NON-ISSUE with me on Xbox.

Then there's this. Maybe it's XIM, but man, I'm almost always the last one alive on my team and my PS friends always seem to struggle. I can often tear through duo's without a problem. Squads can be tricky because reloading is slow but, I've taken out squads from time to time too that should've killed me. Another words, they're emptying clips on me and missing, plain and simple! This happens alot more now that cross platforming is a real thing. You guys playing with your 4k settings just need to stop, like seriously! lol. Save your fancy graphics for single player games.

The new Xbox is also offering smart delivery, which is a pretty cool feature. Then there's that little rumor floating around, that one that might just flip everything upside down.

You know.. the one saying that Xbox Live on line multiplayer might be free later this year!

Cheers!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 04:00 PM - 08/01/20 »
From what Iíve heard, Xbox Live Gold is being canned in favour of Game Pass. What does that mean for XBL Gold game libraries? The games only work with an active subscription. XBL and Game Pass are the only way I get games on Xbox.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin