XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Issues with XIM Apex  (Read 113 times)

Offline SabanForPrez

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SabanForPrez
[ACTIVE] Issues with XIM Apex
« on: 04:45 PM - 07/27/20 »
I have had the XIM apex for about a month now and have been trying everything I can to get it to work. I have had it successful only once. I am finally to the point where I can get all three ports to turn on the devices, but now I can not get a controller to work. I have 3 original Microsoft controllers and none of them work. Also once I finally got all the devices to power on the app connection quit working (in Bluetooth menu it says it is connected to “XIM Apex”)

I have tried the folllowing:

-hard reset Xbox
-running controller’s through only XIM apex, no hub (got a green light but controller would not function)
-2 different mouse/keyboards
-factory reset XIM Apex
-and more...

If someone could please help that would be amazing. I was really excited about this device and have been really bummed that it has been such a struggle.

-Thanks, Austin
« Last Edit: 04:51 PM - 07/27/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with XIM Apex
« Reply #1 on: 04:51 PM - 07/27/20 »
Welcome to the community.

-running controller’s through only XIM apex, no hub (got a green light but controller would not function)

Did you see one green light or four? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.

-

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline SabanForPrez

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Issues with XIM Apex
« Reply #2 on: 05:22 PM - 07/27/20 »
Controller test - it looked like 1 slow green flash then 3 green flashes fast.

Also the start up sequence doesn’t look exactly like that for me, because I have to hit the button on the XIM at the beginning of start up to get everything to get power. (Which I read in the XIM Apex troubleshooting guide)

I am using no aftermarket hubs/power supply’s. I went and bought a 2.0 cable to ensure that wasn’t the problem. Controller directly into Xbox works just as it should, but through XIM it looses capability.

Mouse- Corsair Knoghtsword RGB
Keyboard- I was originally using my Corsair K68 RGB, but I thought the keyboard was pulling too much power. So now I’m using a friends CYBERPOWERPC NOHI 01 because I got it to work one time.

Offline SabanForPrez

• View Profile
Re: Issues with XIM Apex
« Reply #3 on: 06:20 PM - 07/27/20 »
Welcome to the community.

Did you see one green light or four? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.

-

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

Offline SabanForPrez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:12 PM - 07/29/20 »
Now my Phone will not connect to my XIM APEX. I have tried everything I can think of. I feel that the one of the XIM devices are faulty

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:19 AM - 07/30/20 »
Does the APEX light flash cyan and green while pressing it's button? If so this can be a normal Bluetooth hiccup. Here's how to fix it:

Disconnect Apex from the console
Reboot phone
Verify Bluetooth is enabled
Verify location is enabled and that manager has location permission
Connect Apex to console
Open Manager and repeat repairing if needed

-

About the original issue, it seems like you're experiencing instability and are using high power peripherals. To test against this please try this.

Disconnect APEX
Disconnect mouse and keyboard
Reconnect APEX to console with only controller attached to port 3, leaving port 1 and 2 empty
Verify APEX shows 4 green lights at startup
Connect mouse to port 1 and test in a game
If working connect keyboard to port 2 and test in a game

This kind of startup procedure can help with some high power setups. If this helps there's more that can be done to use your current setup successfully.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin