XIM Community

Azeron-Question  (Read 156 times)

Offline Joe1975

• View Profile
Azeron-Question
« on: 08:23 AM - 07/25/20 »
Hi,

I ordered a Azeron and want to use it on my PC and xBox (Xim).

Can anybody tell me which sense i have to configure for the Thumbstick in the Azeron-Software?
Thx!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Azeron-Question
« Reply #1 on: 04:26 PM - 07/25/20 »
You don't have to configure the sensitivity of the analog stick. The point of an analog stick is that movement speed is variable.

What you do need to do is configure the analog stick to correct the deadzone. It's done automatically via the Calibrate Analog Stick option in Azeron Software.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Joe1975

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:35 AM - 07/29/20 »
What is the best analog Stick setup if i want to use the thumb-stick like i use the stick on my controller on xbox?
Is it xbox360-mode or analog joystick-mode?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:19 PM - 07/29/20 »
Joystick mode (Azeron buttons register as J1 to J24 in XIM APEX manager) provides full analog stick support at all movement vectors and speeds.

The other mode is keyboard emulation (buttons register as kb keys) with only 8 directional movement at 100% movement speed. That entirely defeats the purpose of using an Azeron for console gaming.

Another consideration is the Azeron's joystick makes navigating wheel menus a walk in the park. These are typically mapped to the right stick, which is XIM's mouse, making it very hard to navigate them accurately. Setting up an AUX config for wheel menus and swapping the sticks means they can be used with an analog stick, as intended.

Watch some of the Horizon Zero Dawn highlights I posted on Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/modsquadau/videos. Wheel menu navigation is via a XIM APEX AUX page while using an Azeron.
« Last Edit: 05:30 PM - 07/29/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:53 AM - 07/30/20 »
What is the best analog Stick setup if i want to use the thumb-stick like i use the stick on my controller on xbox?
Is it xbox360-mode or analog joystick-mode?
I have mine set to "Analog Joystick Mode" in the Azeron software onboard memory ... don't really know what the difference between the two is, but all works well with "Analog Joystick mode", so I didn't try the "xbox 360" option.

Admin